Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a question concerning the BC Air Injection Removal Kit. Know this in advance: While I am very good with mechanics, this is my first bike and the previous owner did some modifications... So things aren't quite stock.

I installed the BC Air Box Removal Kit today, and everything went pretty fine. I was intimidated by the jetting and carb work, but with the walkthroughs I found here everything went fine. The BC Air Injection Removal Kit raised more than a few questions for me tho. I got the main plugs in on either side of the engine.... but what are all the other rubber plugs and the bigger cap for...?

NOW... I removed the large black rubber hose that went from the air box to the silver do-dad that is attached on the upper tube. I (in face) removed that metal do-dad and the one hose that went from it to one of the carbs, putting one of the caps on the carb.

Now I have 3 rubber caps and the big one left... Do these go somewhere..?
ALSO... I have one rubber tube that didn't appear to be attached to anything. I determined (I think) that it attached to a nipple on the right hand side under the tank then snakes down back behind the bike.

I really wish I could be more technical, and I have searched... Just curious. This is my first major mechanical mod done to my bike and just insuring I didn't mess anything up.

Let me know!

·
Banned
390 Posts
There is a vent line that attaches to a nipple on the underside of the tank.The tube is about 5/16th inch od.Make sure it gets reattached. The other hoses that were attached to the ai plugs in engine are attached to the reed valve which can be removed in is entirety. You no longer have an airbox so none of the plugs are needed. Really the only hose needing reattched is the previously mentioned vent to the fuel tank.The big cap would have closed off the hole left in the airbox. Make sure all vacuum nipples are plugged on your carbs,should be 4 of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts