Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had someone suggest that I delete the air injection on my bike. What would the benefits be?

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
until someone comes here and explains it better then I could do a search on the subject and you'll find a lot to read

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Allegedly reduces discoloration of the headers, not true in most cases. Gets the excess plumbing out of the way of accessing the spark plugs. Reduces popping on deceleration.

No difference in performance.

I did it to get it out of the way of the spark plugs. My headers are "discolored" anyway, adds to the character of the bike. I don't care about the popping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Allegedly reduces discoloration of the headers, not true in most cases. Gets the excess plumbing out of the way of accessing the spark plugs. Reduces popping on deceleration.

No difference in performance.

I did it to get it out of the way of the spark plugs. My headers are "discolored" anyway, adds to the character of the bike. I don't care about the popping.
It helps with the nothcy throttle response at slow speed, low rpm that comes stock ('14 mag wheel bonneville). If you're curious, stick a marble or something similar in the hose that's big enough to not be ingested into the engine. I used some AA battery blanks I had sitting around to try it out while I waited for a resistor dummy to come in the mail.

·
Banned
953 Posts
Removing AI, 02, snorkle, internal airbox baffle, installing free flowing exhaust and remapping with a TTP map will get you a wonderful running bike and about 5-6 more HP.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well IMO heat is the second biggest engine destroyer...lack of lubricant is tops, obviously.
That reason alone is why I opened my system up as soon as I could. Intake and exhaust. It runs richer, cooler and more efficient.
With regards to the SAIS, removing it reduces the combustion in the exhaust ports and pipes....significantly lowering the exhaust temperature. Result is cooler pipes, cooler engine....happy bike.
Just my .02

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well IMO heat is the second biggest engine destroyer...lack of lubricant is tops, obviously.
That reason alone is why I opened my system up as soon as I could. Intake and exhaust. It runs richer, cooler and more efficient.
With regards to the SAIS, removing it reduces the combustion in the exhaust ports and pipes....significantly lowering the exhaust temperature. Result is cooler pipes, cooler engine....happy bike.
Just my .02
So aside from the ai delete what else would you recommend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone. I think I have the info I need. I will be doing some more research on my own to add to my knowledge. You all have been a great help

·
Registered
758 Posts
So aside from the ai delete what else would you recommend?
My 2015 air cooled T100 runs perfect in stock trim, but I'm @ 7000 ft above sea level and the air is rare up here.
No stumble, no hesitation. and smooth throttle response so I just ride it.

If your bike is running right spend your money on better tires and a really good helmet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts