Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought an original airbox for my 71 oif T120R Bonneville since it is not comming with air filters I began looking at air filters and found one that claims to give better air flow than the standard filters. He claims that these are for 1971 and up Bonneville 750s only. My ignorant question is,was there a 750 Bonneville made as well as the 650.
I would like to make sure the filters I buy are correct so I can get rid of the pods on my mikunis
thanks--Bruce57

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks t120rv-- I think I may find filters somewhere other than the guy selling the " improved " type" since he adds in his description that the parts are " for models described and no other models". Got to say he had me wondering what was what.

thanks, Bruce57

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Bruce57

I dont know what improved filter your guy is talking about. OIF Triumph Twins used three different air filters for the stock air box.(part numbers 60-3072, 60-3618, & 60-4265) However the last two were varients of the 60-3072. The difference in the filters can be seen in the ad triumt120rv shows in his post. However the 60-3072 shown is not the same as the original (60-3072) which looked like the two(60-3618 & 60-4265) others shown except for the metal plate in the center. I use the 60-3072 filters in my OIF's as they are the least restrictive of the three.
How the stock airbox assy will fit up with your mikunis is something I do not know.

K

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, I found some washable filters on ebay that appear to be correct or a knock off of the 60-3072 filters. About fit with the mikuni's. I thought I had either seen or read about the fit being the same.It would be nice if they fit rite. If not I will find a way to cleanly adapt the breather hoses. I would just leave it alone but I'm not a fan of the pods and since they need to be replaced soon it seems like the rite time to do the change out.

thanks, Bruce57

1 - 6 of 6 Posts