Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 2003 T100 - bought last March 2019 - Picture attached . Recently began heating up quickly and acting as if she wanted to stall. I was looking here for some AIr Filter changing instructions and the most helpful mentioned the snorkel tube feeding into the air filter. I discovered mine does not have a snorkel. Is that proper for a 2003 T-100?
Tim

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,058 Posts
Hello, no your bike had a snorkel originally and was probably removed from the PO. That's a good thing. A K&Nor DNA filter is what many of use have switched to. They are cleanable and work great.
Might consider trying a 42 pilot jet to improve cold starting. Certainly help my stock '02/'03.

·
Super Moderator
2,058 Posts
That is a nice looking bike. Did you buy it with that tank on it or install it yourself? That looks like a vintage tank. Or is the rib down the center just something added.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a nice looking bike. Did you buy it with that tank on it or install it yourself? That looks like a vintage tank. Or is the rib down the center just something added.
Thanks Back2 - I did buy it as shown - last year from a fellow in Oregon. Retro work was done by a shop in California years before my purchase. The Aluminum stripe down the middle of the tank was an addition as are the plus sized badges. Other Mods not seen from this view are oil canister displays, Lucas brake light, Low profile LED turn signals, high performance sprocket and shocks, and some mods to the exhaust I can't pin down, but she has a sound unlike anything I've heard on a Bonnie. It turns heads. Lastly, the paint scheme is from the 1967 Tiger, Mist Green.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you check out this video, it shows exactly how to change the air filter and also tells about an alternative to the ubiquitous K&N air filters that everyone uses.

Note - speed up to 6.20 for the air filter part

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
If you want a snorkel to put it back to stock, you can have mine.

It would be good if you know which needles and jets are in the carbs, to serve as a starting point for any adjustments you might contemplate.

The bike looks great. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts