Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've been letting my T100 gather dust for about a month as I have been riding and modifying my V-Strom 1000. A powerful but boring bike I have for touring. But, touring has gotten really weird with the virus out there so its been mods and testing.

Yesterday, with temps in the mid 90's and humidity at ludicrous levels I had to get away from that fairing and windshield and get some air flow. So out came the Bonneville and my mesh jacket. Absolute heaven! I forget how smooth and balanced and -call me a liar but - fast that Bonneville is! Mine has some mods to make it quicker. I doubt it would lose a race against the 1000 on a back road. ( If I was crazy enough to race) You just have to get the rpms up. Its really just the perfect balance of everything I love in a motorcycle.

And so I asked myself- touring aside - is their anything i am lacking on this bike? If there is something a motorcycle is supposed to be doing for me that this bike isn't, well I don't know what it is. Just perfect.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I've been letting my T100 gather dust for about a month as I have been riding and modifying my V-Strom 1000. A powerful but boring bike I have for touring. But, touring has gotten really weird with the virus out there so its been mods and testing.

Yesterday, with temps in the mid 90's and humidity at ludicrous levels I had to get away from that fairing and windshield and get some air flow. So out came the Bonneville and my mesh jacket. Absolute heaven! I forget how smooth and balanced and -call me a liar but - fast that Bonneville is! Mine has some mods to make it quicker. I doubt it would lose a race against the 1000 on a back road. ( If I was crazy enough to race) You just have to get the rpms up. Its really just the perfect balance of everything I love in a motorcycle.

And so I asked myself- touring aside - is their anything i am lacking on this bike? If there is something a motorcycle is supposed to be doing for me that this bike isn't, well I don't know what it is. Just perfect.
The 790/865 Bonnevilles are a classic but they must be ridden and appreciated for what they are and within their envelope they are superb.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts