Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi Danny,
The first pipe goes to an air pressure sensor on the left side of the air box
airbox.jpg

The second pipe is the air box drain shown as item 12 in the diagram below. I believe it has some sort of valve in the end (item 14) to let waste drain out but not be sucked in. I'm sure other owners have left this open with no problem.

airbox1.jpg

The engine light has probably come on because you switched the ignition on whilst the tank was off and not everything was connected. This should sort itself after a run and the bike gets up to temperature.

Rob.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Rob, that worked :applause It ran like a pig before I re-attached the pipe. Now to give it a blast and get rid of the light :grin2:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it for a run but the light is still on. Once I get the cable I’ll connect to tuneecu and see what faults there are and hopefully get rid of it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Start the bike but don't touch the throttle at all. Let it go through 3 heat cycles - radiator fan comes on 3 times - switch off. Hopefully your bike will have reset itself and that engine light will have gone out.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Just ride it. The engine light will look after itself. (3 heat cycles as Rob said)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts