Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one!

I'm the proud owner of a 2012 Bonneville T100 and I would really like to modify a few things to make it a bit more cafe

1) the pipes: I'm not looking to be loud and annoying to others, but I would like to have more presence sound wise because here, in florida, people drive whilst texting... so, what would you recommend? Oh, and if a do change them, should I do some computer stuff to it?

2) the handle bars: I enjoy riding almost everyday, so basically, what kind of bars meets great cafe looks without going too down?

3) would you approve Motul chain cleaner and oil?

4) can I put a fatter rear tire without sacrificing safety?

any advise will certainly help!

and if there's any group around Weston or Fort Lauderdale, please let me know, all I've known so far are harley groups, so I feel kinda out of place lol

Thanks for the attention and godspeed!

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The Twin Talk section is where your inquiry will receive the best responses from the folks with the knowledge and experience on Bonnevilles. Introduce yourself in there and reask your questions. There is plenty of information and opinion in there!

http://www.triumphrat.net/twin-talk/

Also, you might connect with local riders in the RAT forums.

http://www.triumphrat.net/rat-south-east/

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Welcome Cavalier.

Item 1: There are a bunch of pipes out there. I believe there is a thread somewhere with links to different sounds. Personally, I like the Arrow 2-1 with the baffle removed. Yes a tune is required

Item 2: Again, just my 2 cents... I went with the LSL Sport Tourer bars. Sounds like it may be what you're looking for.

Items 3&4: Sorry, I got nothing, but there are loads of very knowledgeable folks her that can help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clyde! Just googled the LSL Sport Tourer bars and they look pretty much as what I'm looking for

Thanks for the reference!

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts