Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the difference between a K3 and K4, I have read a very good review at www.webbikeworld.com on the K3 but for the life of me I can't find a good one on the K4.

Also would I be correct in saying that if you have one that is two shell like the K4 and say it comes in XS-S-M-L and XL the second size shell could start at maybe, well who knows.
If you buy a K3 which is a one shell does this mean that the helmut could look either big on a XS or small on a XL depending on which
size shell was put on it.

Does AGV spec where the change of shell occurs.

Last thing, AGV spec say on the K4 the retention system is a Doudle D Ring which I know what it is but on the K3 they say it is a Micro-metric adjustment buckle, which I have no idea was it is.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Not sure, but if you are in the states I would give the d-store in sf a call. They sell them and would be able to answer your questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought an AGV K3 helmet (large) after reading that review last year. I'm very happy with it. Mine has the double D-ring. In the beginning, before I got used to it, I did feel like the padding on top of my head was a bit thin, so I think their large must have the same shell size as small and medium. Not a big issue for me. The helmet is quite light (weight-wise) just like the review said it was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.