Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way into work yesterday I had a heart attack on my 06 Tiger, blacked out while doing around 50, somehow missed all of the traffic, went through a corn field and woke up when the bike hit some ruts and was throwing me on my head.
Other than that, an uneventful commute.
Contrary to popular belief, heart attacks can go on for a REALLY LONG TIME!

Have stint in aorta which was 100% blocked, have really strange heart rhythms and am told this is the worst type (of course), blood pressure drops to Night Of The Living Dead Level and bike needs at least lights and windscreen.

I can't think of any particular words of wisdom other than to try and avoid getting old if at all possible.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Glad you're still here. We lost a local rider a couple weeks ago, same deal, but he didn't make it back.

Guess it's a reminder to take care of ourselves and to see the Dr if something doesn't feel right...

·
Registered
149 Posts
It may be over rated, but better than the alternative. Congratulations on making it through unscathed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Like the others said I'm glad you're still here to post about it, this seems to happen quite often with car drivers but this is the first time I've heard of it in relation to a biker.
Don't worry too much about the bike at the moment, your health is the biggest priority, get that right first.
I see riding my bike as a motivation to try to stay as fit and healthy as I can as get older, that way I can keep riding for as long as possible, I'm convinced it helps keep you young.
Hope you're back to full fitness soon:smile2:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Wow Steve, this is surprising news! Glad you're around to touch base with all your buds here. Take it easy and get well. Keep us up to date!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could feel something weird coming on for a while (pounding temples, racing thoughts) but just ignored it.
Now I know better.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Damn!

Do you think a younger motorcycle would have made a difference?

I bought a book a while ago titled "Younger Next Year". It's about living a healthier lifestyle. I should blow the dust off and give it a read.

·
Driftless Admin
11,773 Posts
I think you were really lucky so take care my friend and go buy a lotto ticket mate!!!:smile2:
What, did you miss this part? "bike needs at least lights and windscreen"

:D

Glad you're doing OK Steve. You have a real bitching story to tell now. Not that it was worth it, but still a bitching story.

But mainly: glad you're OK.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also lost some gas and my insurance is just liability so it was a major pain in the pooper.
At least it wasn't a Sprint! All that broken plastic would have been murders.

I asked the doctor what the deal was: current tobacco pipe smoking, past drug and booze intake from decades ago, possibly unhealthy diet or sedentary lifestyle?
Her answer was Yes.

·
Premium Member
24,302 Posts
Also lost some gas and my insurance is just liability so it was a major pain in the pooper.
At least it wasn't a Sprint! All that broken plastic would have been murders.

I asked the doctor what the deal was: current tobacco pipe smoking, past drug and booze intake from decades ago, possibly unhealthy diet or sedentary lifestyle?
Her answer was Yes.

Hi Steve
when we are young we take everything for granted, believe we are bulletproof and everything happens to someone else.

It seems that when we get a wee bit older the results of our flawed younger thinking comes home to roost!

And yes at least your not dealing with multiple fairings to source.
Get well take care and fix your scooter friend.:smile2:

BonnieBlack, you are a very funny bugger:grin2:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sounds like you cheated death to me. You must be living a good life. If one had to run through a corn field, the Tiger would be my first choice. Glad you seem to be taking it in stride. Hope you're well soon.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Other than that......you should consider yourself very fortunate. It could have been really bad. Glad you’re okay, now it’s time to listen to the doctors and get back to good health.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Never ride faster than your guardian angels can fly

Wow! I guess the Grim Reaper was on his Harley that day. When you consider the possibilities of what could have happened, you are certainly a lucky man!.
The Tiger can be fixed and once your plumbing settles down and your Dr. gives the nod, you'll be back up on two wheels in no time.
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

·
3,095 Posts
My god Steve! I thought you were bloody joking!

Mend up, listen to the doctors. I am so glad that you're still with us

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 63 Posts