Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock mirrors on the Street (although extremely functional) are hideous as all get out! Does anyone have any good pics of aftermarket mirrors (like Rizoma, etc)? Why couldn't Triumph put some straight angle (bars)mirrors on this thing (like Rizoma does), instead of the multi-angle bar monstrosity that comes on them?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, Diego, I shouldn't have called them "hideous, monstrosity". Some may love them. I will say they function great! But if anyone (like me) doesn't like the way they look...can you please post pics of the mirrors you used to replace them with? I'm looking for ideas for mirrors (other than bar-end mirrors...have no interest in them).

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, I can't fit the Triumph bar end mirrors into my bars. I have a "bar snake" inserted into my Renthal Ultra-Low's and did not leave enough room in the ends for a long plug. I only have about 1" inside the ends. I had to cut down a set of MOOSE bar ends to fit them. I don't want to move the controls inboard to clamp bar end mirrors to end of outter bars, either, as I have the bars drilled to accept the "locator tabs" on the control housings (thus not movable). That's why I'm looking at mirrors that mount in the stock mounts. I'm really liking the Rizoma units but looking for better pics of them (or other like them).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any good recommendation for some aftermarket mirrors (not bar ends ones)? While functional, I don't think the stock ones are too appealing..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Since I don't use the stock mirror positions, I can't really recommend any aftermarket mirrors for the stock position. I have CRG Hindsight LS (Lane Splitters; they fold up) bar end mirrors on my bike.

For anyone that is using bar end mirrors, the NewThruxton website sell mirror hole plugs that fit the Street Triple. The ones you want to get are the plugs that fit the Thruxton/Scrambler. They are made of 6061 aluminum and anodized black. One of the options is with Union Jack engraved on top. British Customs also makes Control clamps that will get rid of the stock mirror hole plug. The mirror plugs are a cheaper option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bar end mirrors and Clip ons

I just purchased my 08 street triple!! and have been looking into some modifications. Im interested in getting some clip on bars along with bar end mirrors but I am not sure of the circumference i need for the clip ons. if anyone has helpful information for either of these parts let me know!

thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm not sure if the clip-ons will work if you've got a fly screen installed. I installed a drag bar on my bike only to find that they hit the fly screen. It would seem higher bars are needed to clear the screen. There might be other clearance issues as it's pretty cramped where clips-ons would go...

Bristis-Customs makes bar end mirros for the bike. There's probably more manu's out there, but I know of these guys.

http://www.british-customs.com/crg-folding-billet-bar-end-mirror-triumph-motorcycles-c-316-p-1-pr-1548.html

But I think all you need is a 7/8".

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks those mirrors look nice, but i most likely wont have the bug screen or any of that. it wasnt on it when i bought it because it was wrecked. is there anything else that might be in the way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
rizoma mirrors

The stock mirrors on the Street (although extremely functional) are hideous as all get out! Does anyone have any good pics of aftermarket mirrors (like Rizoma, etc)? {etc}?
Hi have a look at rizoma mirrors they are not the cheapest but are real quality cnc machined i had some on a z1000 which was awful with the oe mirrors and this stopped that they are the best looking mirrors i've seen around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts