Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello eveveryone,

I've been trying to give my forks a new look by thinking about painting them at first but also wanted to look at other options like buying new forks.
After looking around on google for a little while, I have yet to find full aftermarket 03 America forks.
Does anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket forks for an 03 America?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Our air cooled cruiser variant of the Bonneville was a low volume seller. I don't remember seeing any aftermarket forks for them. Far more likely to find a like sized set-up on a different motorcycle, not necessarily a Triumph. Have seen others post about using brake calipers from other models, those forks may change over as well.
As the air cooled models have been D/C'ed for some time any "new" items (if there were any) are likely long gone by now.
I had considered powder coating the fork lowers years ago but required a lot of work and the surface was already beginning to deteriorate so I never did. I did powder coat the fork shrouds for a change of the color scheme.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I painted the forks on my Tiger 955i, and I like the result.
I put new Progressive springs (from Fast Eddy) in my America, and they improve the ride.
I agree with MattyMo. You're likely to find very few aftermarket items for the America anymore.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I am still a little attached to the bike since it was my dad’s which passed away. I honestly enjoy working on motorcycles. Not saying I know how, but it’s gives me a ease of mind. After I receive a few more part, I will post a picture of it. It’s all slowly coming together as a semi bobber.

·
Registered
2004 Speedmaster
71 Posts
Hello eveveryone,

I've been trying to give my forks a new look by thinking about painting them at first but also wanted to look at other options like buying new forks.
After looking around on google for a little while, I have yet to find full aftermarket 03 America forks.
Does anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket forks for an 03 America?
I have seen where a guy put a fork assembly from a CBR 1000 Rr on his Speedmaster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.