Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Ixil and GPR the only triple exhaust pipe manufacturers for the 675? I like how the Ixil looks and sounds but it only comes in SS which makes it just as heavy as the stock exhaust and the GPR... yea... Can't afford 2k and I'm not sure I like the third exhaust down low, I would've preferred if all three pipes were together...

Anyone know of any other aftermarket exhausts that utilize the 3 seperate pipe design?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I'm familiar with all those, but I like the looks of the triple pipe configuration and that design would be my first choice. That is if anyone other than GPR and IXIL makes them... Would be nice if IXIL would make it in Ti or CF, but they said they have no plans to do that at all, only in SS... blah on them... :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Wolf :) I actually left you a little msg in one of my threads in the ST forum. but I'll just copy and paste it in here instead

BTW, Wolf, when are you going to make a triple exhaust pipe for the 675's like you have for the Sprint ST 1050's? ;) That triple pipe design would look sweet on a 675 you know *hint hint* :D And yes, I know Ixil makes a triple pipe design for the 675, but it only comes in SS. What's the point of replacing the stock heavy exhaust with another heavy exhaust? ugh... Lighter is better :D

Oh, and btw, the 675 product details you have on your website is incorrect. You have the info for the Bonnevillie exhausts listed instead of the 675 :)

Sooo.... when are we going to be graced with a triple exhaust set up as well hehe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Zard tune?

:) Do the Zard slip ons require a new tune to be downloaded into the ST3? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Any aftermarket exhaust will require a new tune to be able to fully take advantage of the changes the pipe makes in exhaust flow which result in power gains.

I'm sure you would be able to run it with the stock tune, but if you truly want to take advantage of the mods, a new tune will exploit the performance gains.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Depends on what you are asking... If you are asking how much a Triumph dealership charges to install one of the pre-made Triumph tunes for the TOR Exhaust or the Arrow Stage one or Arrow Stage Two, it varies between dealerships. Some will do it for free if you bought your bike there or the exhaust there, others will charge 1/2 hour to 1 hr for labor.

If you are asking about a custom dyno tune, then you would first either need to have a TuneBoy or a Power Commander and then pay the shops hourly rate for dyno time and whatever the tuning fee would be. That could run anywhere from $50 - $200 (possibly even more) depending on how much time is spent refining the tune.

TripleThreat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts