Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone do any of you guys no if their are any aftermarket coils available as opposed to genuine coils available for my 95 speed triple? And if so are they any better than the genuine ones . I always ask at the shop if there is any aftermarket parts and there is nothing available Triumph parts are so expensive. I love my bike but I don't think you can beat Japanese reliability.I have had the bike for 7 years now and nothing realy major has gone wrong except for annoying fiddly things where as my old 87 Yamaha fzr 1000 would always start first time everytime and just keep on going no matter what was wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Triumph used two makes, Gill (British) and PVM (German). Nology sells the PVM coils (part 152-001-060T, about US$70 retail) with a Nology sticker put on them which means they are made in Germany. You might be able to find the Nology cheaper than the Triumph part as they are on fleabay from time to tome, and I think if you order the Triumph part it will always be PVM.

Some say the PVM are better than the Gill suggesting these breakdown from heat transfer.

I happen to have PVM on mine and they are still going strong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate upon closer inspection I think the problem with my bike isn't the coils at all but the ignition pick up wich is a pvm part also. Thanks for the information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts