Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they exist? Where to get one, preferably with a mirror mount clamp like the stocker?

The stock lever assembly has a bit too much play for my taste after 2 years of use. I would like something with a bit more solid construction, unlike the flapping lever type I have on now.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not checked yet. I might end up trying to squeeze the stock perch a bit tighter with a pair of big ass pliers, but if a pro perch with bearings & tighter tolerances exists, that would be best.

To be honest, I think the lever assembly had quite a lot of play from new.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I agree with the play with stock parts. A lot of it is gone with the Pazzo levers I use now - with the stock mount.

Don't squeeze the stock mount casting without heating it first. You might want to try shimming it first with brass shim stock.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Um, how about trying to adjust the clutch cable at the transmission end? There are two nuts down there for you to play with. Pun unintentional, but funny nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Kuhlka - I believe he is mentioning the play in the lever/mount. Mine had a bit (up/down) - even with cable adjustment.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I dunno, sounds like he needs to properly adjust his clutch. If not, there are companies on ebay that sell easy-pull stunting perches which are usually used for rear brakes, but could probably be used as a clutch perch.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2007-01-23 10:36, Devious2XS wrote:
Kuhlka - I believe he is mentioning the play in the lever/mount. Mine had a bit (up/down) - even with cable adjustment.
Yes. The 05-> adjustable lever assembly has two pivot bolts and both of them have quite a bit of slack even when tightened as far as they go. All this totals up to a clutch lever that is slopping & bending all over the place.

Anyway, after taking a second look the solution was so simple & cheap, that I did not think of it before Devious mentioned the shims. I put one 0.5mm x 9mm id shim/spacer under the nut on the adjuster pivot point -> now when the bolt is tightened all the play is taken out. As a byproduct the adjuster is locked solid, but I have maybe touched the adjuster once during 2 years, so that is no problem.

The main pivot point has 0.3mm up/down slack, so I might get a shim here also next time at the bolt shop. Thick moly grease took care of this for now.

Total cost of much improved lever feel: $0. Now it matches the GSXR m/cyl feel very nicely.
:cool:

·
Registered
355 Posts
i'm dying to do the Magura hydraulic clutch but the one thing i can't seem to find info on is the swith fix...

plus i just moved and am poor :hammer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts