Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She breathes life. I jerry rigged the 72 Daytona up last night and got her to fire up. It has not ran since 1986 and maybe longer. I got her in a box late last summer. Now i can't wait to finish her and take her for a ride. Here is a before and after shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
looks like a nice job, but l can see why it took 22 years if you are looking at soaps on the tv behind the bike, l thought only Yanks had tv,s i every room.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The little what I can see looks good, the garage looks better. Give us a side on and front side photo. Thekeyman where are you from? Please complete your profile. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a side shot. I have to take the kickstarter apart again as it is not returning very good now. and i still need a chainguard,signal lights and a horn to get it saftied. Nice to see it running though with oil circulating and battery was getting over 14 volts. Anyone know the walmart part number for a battery. I have my atv battery in it now but it is to tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
You say your kickstarter isn't returning well ... you need to take that return spring around again. When you put the spring in there, it will grab that tab really quickly, but that isn't the correct position ... it's another half rotation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts