Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Of all the bikes you've owned, where does the Scrambler 865 stand?

• Top 3 for sure.

• Near the top but not quite.

• Sold it and don't miss it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned quite a few bikes over the years...the air-cooled scrambler is still among my top 3 (even way above the 1200XE) :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
You already posted this 2 days ago. :unsure:
Didn’t you get enough attention? ;)
And for what it’s worth, my 2015 Scrambler is probably in my top 3 too.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies for that, I thought it might get more conversations going here (and can't delete my first post). These videos are a lot of work and I don't make a dime, thats why I was hoping to at least hear from other riders favorite bikes of all times and maybe even influence my next purchase into something I hadn't considered yet. We often think that peoples top bikes are super exotic or expensive, when often its anything but.

Also, many don't get how fun the air-cooled Scrambler is...until they try it :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice video. I subscribed. I was out of biking for about 25 years and got back into it three years ago when I bought the Bonnie. I read a write-up on the Bonnie that get me back to thinking biking again. The Bonnie will always be my favourite for that reason and because I can't get enough of her. My first bike was a used 80 Suzuki that I only had for a month when I saw a 90 Kawasaki Bushwacker at a dealership. I hitchhiked to that dealer twice a week to look at it before I bought it about 6 weeks later. Being underage, I did a lot of illegal riding on that sweet thing and it cemented my love for motorcycles. Sadly, I sold it in a moment of weakness to buy car insurance so I could drive my girlfriend around.

I have had about 5 other bikes, but I think I need another one to have a top three.

Whereabouts in Canada are you?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, I started riding dirt bikes at 5 until maybe 7...then bought a KX250 when I was about 18-19, and it took another 10 years before I took my motorcycle license (expensive, back then it took over a year to have your full license, and quite expensive here in Quebec). I haven't looked back since, and I can't imagine myself not riding anymore, its my only drug :)

The Bonneville I think will always remain a classic, I even prefer the older ones (not the ones that leaked, but the last ones before the liquid cooled).

That Kawasaki Bushwacker would probably be worth a nice penny today!

Thanks for subscribing :) What part of Canada are you from?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I grew up near Kingston Ontario and live in the Niagara region now. You should look up Riders Group of Ontario on FB. Almost 3,000 members and many of the cruiser types, but lots of sport and adventure bikers too. Really good people and my best FB group by far. I think they would appreciate your YouTube channel.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
The engine character of the original 270 crank is one of the best, lumpy until it's demanded to produce, the weight of the bike was my biggest concern. As I look over the market to day with the advent of the liquid coolers the aircoolers are an absolute bargain. Had I the space I would load up on these.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah many were offended when Triumph decided to go with the 270 crank, but to me, its part of what made it so great (even with its low power numbers). Regarding the weight its not a KTM 390 but it carried its weight fairly well and aside from moving it around in the garage, you never really felt it. It was about the same weight as my Africa Twin (which is much higher), my MT-01 felt much heavier (570lbs and high center of gravity). I was just thinking about what kind of bike I could buy today that would continue to gain value...and the answer is probably classics that have already started gaining value...like a clean CBX1000 for example or a clean Triumph from the 60s...to think of it, the MT-01 might just be one...they never sold tons and they still hold their value pretty well for a 14 year old bike in some cases. Then again the minute people start thinking something will be a collectible, it often turns out otherwise...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts