Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, boys and girls, after a year of lurking, I finally bought my Bonny today. I'd been holding out for the right deal and saving my money and just picked her up tonight. It's an '02, forest green and silver with only 670 miles on it. She's obviously been properly stored, fuel stabilizer, battery on a tender. I have an appointment to take it into the local shop to give it a once over, possibly clean the carbs, oil the chain, check the valves, etc. It looks like they might've put some accessories on it, like the knee pads and the grab rail and what appears to be a battery tender cable underneath the seat on the left-hand side (is that standard?) I'm wondering and I don't know if you can tell from the photos if these are the stock exhaust pipes. There's an EPA warning stamped on them. The guy who sold me the bike gave me a set of after market pipes and what appear to be jets in a baggy.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to hearing from you and participating on the board.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome:assimilate:The battery tender lead is stock on the 08s not sure about the 02s. If the pipes are TORs it should say off road use only or not legal for road uses something like that. It looks like all you need is a center stand and a set of fork gaiters then you should be good to go.:beerchug:

·
30,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's a great bike - barely used, you'll have lots of fun with it!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welcome. I joined about two months before I got my T100 - great folks and great place for info - pretty much sealed the deal for me. Great-looking bike!

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's a beautiful bike. Enjoy!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome Tuscon Raider. As others have said you have found a smart looking bike, looks in very good condition. Enjoy:)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nice looking machine!

If you're really from Tucson, you might enjoy Vintage Bike Night at the Barrio Brewery every other Wednesday evening. Lots of cool machines including Triumphs, Nortons, BSA and even a diesel-powered Royal Enfield.
I've met a lot of nice folks there (some are members of this forum) and have received a lot of good advice.
Keep us posted on your new family member.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Welcome!!

Sweet bike!! I lived in Touscon for some time & its a great place to ride- espec afterthose summer night monsoons!! Don't ever part w/ that bike! Your gonna love it. A nice ride up Mt Lemmon or 2? Watch out for the jack rabbits (2' ers) Neuclear bugs will kill ya too!
Looks like the A/I might be still on there ? If so- get ridof it!! NOW commeth the mods! You got a virgin there just waiting & begging. Love the color. Again welcome & enjoy!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very nice!

That looks like the forest green that's been reprised with white for 08, 09 T100s ; it looks great matched with silver. The pipes look identical to the stock pipes on my 09, don't know about 02. The battery-tender thing, stock or not, is a huge convenience because you can plug it into the tender wire from right there, rather than have to get under the seat to get at the battery. (Back in the day I had to constantly recharge my '70 650 TR6R's battery after the battery had drained down to zilch. I really appreciate my tender and its ease of use)

Took me about a year of lurking before I jumped in as well. Have fun!

09 T-100 green/white, Western bar, NH Togas, aftermarket tune, grab bar, factory fly screen, red LED'd tach/speedo, clock...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts