Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing after market rearsets on my 04 Thruxton. I don't want to use the Norman Hyde because I want something different.
I found a great set for a GXSR 1000 that have the same mounting bolt holes that my thruxton has.
The problem is the stock pegs bolt to the swing arm. I will need to retain that portion of the stock rearsets in order to make this work. I will need to cut the foot peg portion off and then bolt the new rearsets right over this old section of rearset assembly. Another minor problem will be the brake line. I will need to replace it with stainless steel flex hose.

Has anyone done this modification? Also does anyone have a set of stock rearsets or bonniville foot peg assemblies? I thought it might be good to keep the stock set up just in case I want to go back to it.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yes I have brand new stock footpeg assemblies, never used.

Reason never used?

Because I bought the Norman Hyde Thruxton set and had them installed at purchase.

Which are superb, well made, well engineered, the dogs etc - One major benefit is there is a larger area on the brake pedal (than stock), which makes for surer foot placement and braking.

They also look the business.

I might be persuaded to part with the stock stuff...

·
Registered
249 Posts
What did you finally end up doing?

I am planning on installing after market rearsets on my 04 Thruxton. I don't want to use the Norman Hyde because I want something different.
I found a great set for a GXSR 1000 that have the same mounting bolt holes that my thruxton has.
The problem is the stock pegs bolt to the swing arm. I will need to retain that portion of the stock rearsets in order to make this work. I will need to cut the foot peg portion off and then bolt the new rearsets right over this old section of rearset assembly. Another minor problem will be the brake line. I will need to replace it with stainless steel flex hose.

Has anyone done this modification? Also does anyone have a set of stock rearsets or bonniville foot peg assemblies? I thought it might be good to keep the stock set up just in case I want to go back to it.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still considering options. I am looking at the axljak and discacciati rear sets as they would just bolt on with out much issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts