Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im new so here gose,

the engine im talking about has been modified i'll give you the mod's here and know just to get it out of the way..

engine spec:

506cc 1958 5ta motor, 9.5:1 pistons ported head with new valves and springs. t40 inlet cam and spitfire exhust cam. lightened valve gear. later timing cover with boyer ignition. t140 oil pump with cartridge oil filter. twin 27mm amal mrk2 carbs. big bore header pipes and reverse cone meggas.

electrics: new alternator, solid state rectifier, blade fuse holder, twin plug coil.

wots the best type of spark plug to use for that engine spec pls?

which numbers on the plugs means heat temp?

thanks

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
welcome mark,this is where all the knowledge sits,i would use the type of spark plug with the porcelain top with little aluminium threaded thing all connected to the big shiny threaded bit that screws into the cylinder head for that bike.actually i have no idea :-D but someone who does will be along in a minute or two

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heeh cheers mate have'n a couple of probs with fule\air mixture and wot would be the best set plugs to use (heat ect)

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
yes the n3c champion is good for my t120r.no fouling of any kind ever

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
My bike is a big twin, but is similar to your bike in specs, such as CR and cams, bigger carb(s).
I use the NGK B7ES, but the heat range is the same as the N3C. I had better durability with the NGKs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts