Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently sold my 04 s3 when I part-exchanged it for a Yamaha MT01 (nice bike, really good fun). However, I'm now looking at swapping in my Yamaha Warrior for a "new" s3. I'll prob go for a newish used bike if I can find a real nice one, and was just wondering if there are any differences between the bikes since introduction / if one year is any better or has any "habits / reliability probs" to be wary of. Also, which aftermarket pipes would anyone recommend?
Thanks for any feedback,
DoctorW. :chug:

·
Registered
60 Posts
the '07 has an "improved" ECU that is supposed to improve fuel economy and aid in starting. If you're looking for pipes, check out old squids at chainreactionmoto.com. I'm am buying them for my '07 as soon as I get the dough.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
This forum has covered the exhaust issues fairly thouroughly - the search function will reveal a lot of options from simple slip-on silencers, to full systems including header. Many different looks and sounds.

The US version of the 2007 model requires a different midpipe, some companies are working on this now for their half systems or low mount silencers. But the standard slip-on silencers for the stock midpipe work fine.

As Henry posted, the 2007 bikes have an updated ECU. The only downside of this is redily available tuning if you want to improve over stock, but this will change soon IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts