Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
6 of us are heading down the GOR on Australia day weekend and looking for cheap bike friendly accommodation for the Saturday night (24th) around Pt Campbell or Warrambool area or if you can suggest better areas let me know.

Cheers
Poddy

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi Poddy,
I live in Warrnambool and surprise surprise I know f...k all about local accomodation. Asked a mate and he said the same. You might need to get on the net and check things out with pricing and 'garaging' etc. Remember this place is a tourist destination and its in full swing now so unlikely to find any real bargains.

Also like you I will be having a mini vacation (I hope) and hence won't be about. I can't even rent you the dog kennel. It might be worthwhile to check out the Ulysees Club to see if they have a listing here.

I hope you have a good long weekend. Cheers. Simmo

·
Registered
764 Posts
The backpacker joint at Pt Campbell is pretty cheap about $25/head.

They have offstreet parking available for your bikes.

I haven't been there for a years though.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Check out the Australia forum on www.advrider.com

Theres always somebody who has just come back from, or just about to go to, pretty much anywhere you care to name on our island.

The latest word is that The GOR is quite a popular piece of tarmac these days with a large plod presence, especially on weekends.

Apparently the biggest threat is idiots on crotch rockets not respecting the road or other road users and riding way beyond their limits.

Have a safe ride and post pics when you get back!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys; well do.

The GOR wasn't my choice for the ride this year but the "Accom" side has been F'ked up hence I'm taking over.

Had planned to do the ACT and Bluemountains which would have been SOOOOOO much better but it was vitoed due to time and cost - hence the GOR.

Once agian thanks for the advice and I'll make sure I get some pics

Cheers
Poddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts