Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am putting this poor bike back together after some joyrider painted it really really badly,popped all the locks and then crashed it not bad. and then the original owner left it out side for 2 yrs. so this 00 with 18k has had a vary hard life.i got the locks for it and the plastic is at the shop.and so far its taken 1 gal of lacquer thinner to remove the spray paint a new battery and dumping the water and gas and it lives.so as u can see thinking i need a alarm or rotor lock seams like a good idea after looking at the locks they are a bit flimsy and it vary easy to hot-wire so give me some advice thanks Richard]

[ This message was edited by: rdg59 on 2006-11-24 23:17 ]

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have a Scorpio on mine and I like it. Hooks up easy and several options to choose from. Call me paranoid, but I also always lock the fork and usually use a Xena disk lock with an alarm on it too. :cool:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Does anyone have one with a pager? My apartment is about 200 yards from where I park my bike and would need one that would page that far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The same people who sell the Gorilla sell a model with a pager....more bucks tho...and as ooobaby said, I also chain mine to a concrete bolt in the sidewalk where I live, and a heavy duty cable and lock for the front wheel...nobodies taking that baby....
Rob. :roflmoa2:

·
Registered
774 Posts
SR1: I have the Scorpio model SR-i500 with the TRS-6 pager. They claim it has a range of up to 1/2 mile. I've never tested it at that range, but it works good if I'm in a building and my bike is parked outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts