Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm getting ready to purchase my first T100. The dealer is suggesting the Arrow 2 into 2 exhaust kit, which I've never heard (goes for $1,199.) I've heard the British Customs Predators ($500.00) and they sound GREAT. Is the Arrow kit noticeably better sounding or give better performance?

Many thanks

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
It's a highly personalized decision. The Arrows (about which I know nothing) are the most expensive aftermarket exhausts you can buy for the Bonneville. I'm sure that the dealer is pushing them because he stands to make good money on selling a pair.

If it were me, I'd wait and do some research after I got the bike. You can always get the Arrow exhaust, no need to get it now. Get comfortable with the stock bike, so you know what you're getting into when you change it.

Whatever you do, keep the stock exhausts. You might need them for inspection or to put back on the bike if/when you sell it.

And welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What Marty said. My opinion only is they don't fit the aesthetic of a Bonneville...having both pipes on one side. This only my opinion. They are likely great pipes but they cost almost twice as much. I have TORS on my new Bonny and am very pleased with them. I like Preds, Staintunes and Togas for these bikes and no doubt there are others as well. The stealer is pushing them because of the mark up as Marty mentioned.
Good Luck,
George

·
Registered
39 Posts
George, the Arrow 2 into 2 exhaust kit does have a pipe on each side. It is the 2 into 1 that has the single can.
Paoloc, I put the Staintune RC exhaust on and they are excellent, although dearer than the Preds etc. and they came with a mod plate to state that they are ADR (Australian Design Rules) compliant re max noise, 92DB. This is important in Australia because the fun police are starting to defect bikes that exceed 94DB and in one state it is a $240 fine.
Dean

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello,

I'm getting ready to purchase my first T100. The dealer is suggesting the Arrow 2 into 2 exhaust kit, which I've never heard (goes for $1,199.) I've heard the British Customs Predators ($500.00) and they sound GREAT. Is the Arrow kit noticeably better sounding or give better performance?

Many thanks
I would go Predators over the Arrow. They sound and look way better and are more than half the price....Ive heard the arrows and they sound like TORs which sound almost like stock but with a rumble

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Excellent point dingo. Paoloc - you don't state where you live, but the USA "fun police" are also becoming extremely strong. Some states already have limitations on exhaust noise, others are sure to follow as many bikes get louder and louder - it's only a matter of time, and the rider world is too small to fight it. Many bike events are now "ticket" grounds for cops with hand held decibel meters.

I'm only mentioning this as it would be a shame to shell out $1000 bucks, and suddenly the noise law gets passed. Google "AMA"; "Motorcycle Noise", etc., for more info.

Why not try a Baffle-ectomy first? Easy to do, and only the cost of a holesaw... and time. You can get a little bit better sound, and a little more flow now, and have time to see how things develop.

Beyond that, I'd be real suspicious about Vendors HP claims, and where that alleged HP shows up. An additional 10 HP at 8000 RPM doesn't do most of us any good. Better to increase power at the part to half throttle area, where most folks ride.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ride 'er a bit while you investigate what's out there. Don't make such an expensive decision now without some experience with the stock bike. I got TOGAs for my T100 based upon the reviews/comments on this site AND on the fact I found some at a great price. Regardless, you can switch them out yourself. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sorry dingo. My bad. Thanks for the clarification. I only visualized the one Arrow 2 into 1 exhaust '09 bike on here and didn't like the naked swingarm exposure on the LHS. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)
No way I would spend over 1 large on an exhaust however so stand by that :eek: when virtually all the other exhausts except the pricey Staintunes are half of that.
Good Luck OP,
George

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips

You guys are great...really appreciate your time. I'll try her stock for a while and see what I need to do.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Bafflectomies are free or nearly free. $1000+ for exhaust on anything seems a bit pricey. Seems like a lot of cash for the dealer (I'd love to know what the wholesale price is on those). Shop around, see what else is out there, then make your choice. (I'm a cheap bastich, so I might be the best one to ask.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine came with the Staintune reverse cones when I bought it used. I really like them. Not too loud, not too quiet, more free flowing than stock, and they look great.

If I had to buy them new it would be hard to pay the additional $900 USD, but I specifically bought this 2003 Bonney rather than a used T100 because it came with the Staintunes as well as Ikon progressive fork springs and Ikon 7614 rear shocks, all the after market performance equipment I thought of as essential to this model of motorcycle.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Yep, the Staintunes are nice, if pricey!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Does the bike get ungodly load with the bafflectomy? I want to hear my BB, but I don't want my neighbors three streets away to hear it at idle in my driveway.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I really like the way the arrows sound on the clips I've heard...

Here is a link:
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/...le Black/?action=view&current=ArrowBonnie.flv

They are REALLY expensive.... don't know if I could justify the cost over the predators and less then half.
Oh momma... that sounds sweet. A bit loud for my tastes for a long ride, but they are nice.... $1K nice? Not for me... I think the preds would be a better choice if that is the sound you are looking for.

As far as a bafflectomy, I suggest you read this before attempting it on a new Bonneville.

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/104463-2009-bonny-bafflectomy-fail.html

Cheers

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
ARROW pipes are way to much money and dont sound or make the hp preds or doms do at allmost 1/2 the price.I wouldnt buy tors ether most people that buy them want something better in a year or so.If you want tors buy them used there are allways some for sale cheap.

·
Registered
445 Posts
BC Sleepers

Hello,

Many thanks
I've had the BC Sleepers on my bike now for about a week. They are great. Awesome sound, cool looks, free flowing, and it seems to me that my bike unwinds itself so easily.

If I had to do it again, I would.

I like the look of the NH Togas as well, but the BC Sleepers offered something just a bit different. Stainless steel construction is also very nice.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I've had the BC Sleepers on my bike now for about a week. They are great. Awesome sound, cool looks, free flowing, and it seems to me that my bike unwinds itself so easily.

If I had to do it again, I would.

I like the look of the NH Togas as well, but the BC Sleepers offered something just a bit different. Stainless steel construction is also very nice.
those are great pipes, especially if you're going for a more classic look.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The sleepers sound like a good way to go. What do they go for? I like stainless also. When I bought my Staintunes they were too pricey at 700 but now they are 950+ and any pipe unless it's titanium is not worth that much since they can go to be worth nothing in one spill...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts