Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of changing the back end of the Adventurer (96 model) to a Thunderbird - better availability of luggage , better chooice of seats especially for the pillion - v importnat etc .
I have a rear subframe and a mudguard and a seat - what else will I need - I reckon a LHS pillion hanger and some billet to keep the Adv exhausts in place plus electrics - is that it , anybody else done this or similar?

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I would say thats about it, you seem to have all the bases covered. Depending on options chosen you might need a new seat latch cable

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rear subframe swap

Here is few pictures. I do that swap for my ex-bike.
You must also pull out carbs & airbox because that upper frame bolt are drearily behind the airbox.

remove Adventurer subframe

which is a right one ?

install T-Bird subframe

and that´s it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Ronkeli
Thanks for the pictures - unfortunately I have managed to get myself a mis described T/Bird sport frame which is not so good as it has different pillion hangers :-(

Back to the drawing board but you have done what I need to do Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
@Ronkeli
Thanks for the pictures - unfortunately I have managed to get myself a mis described T/Bird sport frame which is not so good as it has different pillion hangers :-(

Back to the drawing board but you have done what I need to do Thanks
You can use it - youd just need to swap to the TBS exhaust system, this would actually be an upgrade as the balance pipe on the TBS adds a little more power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts