Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a seat for a 2000 Adventurer on EBAY for 20 bucks. I have a 95 bird with the old style lock seat. I am sure the Adv seat is new style (bolt on). Anyone have any idea if this will fit without a major overhaul? I'm sure I can mod somehting up but I want to keep the lock option as this is way more convientant than the bolt on versions.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've likewise picked up a legend TT seat......hopefully it's for my 97 thunderbird...........it doesn't look to have the seat latch peg, but other than that will it fit?

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just for a definitve answer, the seat arrived today, and it doesn't fit my Tbird....so back on ebay it goes................

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Hmm... completely different rear subframe - kinda unlikely...
To be clear Scott's reply could apply to either Rob or Patrol's question

The only other model that a legend seat will fit is a late (1999 on) TBird. The adventurer has a very unique rear subframe (and a couple of variants their too IIRC - so the seat wont fit any other model.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a bit of buggery I was able to get the seat to fit my Tbird. I removed the lock mechanism from the stock Tbird seat and mounted it to the adventurer seat. I also removed a bunch of the rubber bushings that sit on the frame rail and added holes and mounted them to adventuer seat also which gave it tons more contact points around the frame. The fit is tight and secure.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a gift......some of my machinest friends call it hacking...but I like to be less harsh.....a bit of inventivness and a whole lot of duck tape!

Hey Mic-you sure I can't bug you into making Bennington? I would love to see your bike in person and along with JimmyJ and few other folks that have helped the hundled masses...I surely owe ya a beer!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I surely owe ya a beer!
Mmmmm beer....

as a friend of mine once said "its a cruel mistress"

I have been thinking I might show my face - not sure if I'll come stay over but maybe make an appearance or two.

Unfortunately I am on call that weekend so it will depend on what cover I could get

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Mic,

Excellent, it's worth the pedal. Went last year and had a hoot.....check out the Bennington forum for details about times/events. I'll be looking for your ride. If you just end up heading last minute, I've got a black 95 Bird.....I'm staying in town...no camping for me..those days have come and gone! Hope to see you there..there's a Maple Porter with your name on it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts