Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Adventurer
Decided to upgrade headlight to LED.
After all was said and done I think this is a l modification anyone can do, is affordable and essential.
Doing some research on the interweb figured even I should be able to do this (not particularly mechanically inclined).

Basically any standard 7" LED light for Jeep Wrangler will fit.
This one seemed good (price/rating):led headlight

Apparently the Adventurer has a bit more chrome trim...:vroom making install a wee more cumbersome but still straightforward.
Took a solid hour start to finish - slow n careful, most of the time went to figuring everything out. Other than that as simple as can get.

Remove old light, plug in new light. Done.
All said VERY happy I did - difference is night and day. 0:)

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
sounds like a worthy use of an hour but I do have a quick question, are they DOT approved? as in will they pass state inspection. I cant see all the letters and numbers molded into the lens but that doesn,t mean there not there

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - the stock image on Amazon has different letters, so here's an image of my light,installed showing DOT number.
That's all I know.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wifes Honda failed last month as the LED bulb I put in wasnt approved:surprise: Maybe there just tougher on these things in Virginia

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did and passed but in Virginia your required to carry a list of inspection requirements with a pass or fail mark next to them so if you get pulled over they,ve got a list of things to check to see if you changed em back. Apparently the cops are a lot smarter than those stupid hats make them look. :policecar

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
if you get pulled over they,ve got a list of things to check to see if you changed em back.
Sounds like they've got too much time on their hands. Send them up here. They can work on our "red means three more cars through the intersection" problem. (Then there's opioids...)

·
Registered
120 Posts
thanks for the review on the light. I was considering this exact unit but was apprehensive because of the low price. The only one I've used before was a similar TruckLite brand that I stuck in my Ural's headlight, and I loved it, but I seem to recall paying close to $200 for it. Given your review, I think I'll give this one a shot this time around.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
I had to google the stupid hats. I see what you mean.:smile2:
I didn't get it until I realized the front and back were the same...

So, send them anyhow. We'll find them new hats.

(Edit: looks like our state police shops at the same store...)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Getting pulled over on the highway here should be called the" Keep a straight face and avoid a beating challenge" Oh and they can put out forest fires too, they just want us to do it for them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
1996 Adventurer
Decided to upgrade headlight to LED.
After all was said and done I think this is a l modification anyone can do, is affordable and essential.
Doing some research on the interweb figured even I should be able to do this (not particularly mechanically inclined).

Basically any standard 7" LED light for Jeep Wrangler will fit.
This one seemed good (price/rating):led headlight

Apparently the Adventurer has a bit more chrome trim...:vroom making install a wee more cumbersome but still straightforward.
Took a solid hour start to finish - slow n careful, most of the time went to figuring everything out. Other than that as simple as can get.

Remove old light, plug in new light. Done.
All said VERY happy I did - difference is night and day. 0:)

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the insight. Very illuminating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts