Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Adventurer, and I've heard that the TB and Legend clutch and brake levers are thicker and more comfortable on the squeeze. I'm trying to verify if this is indeed true before ordering a set. Can anyone advise? Also, can anyone recommend a good auto chain oiler that I can install?

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
590 Posts
Kawasaki levers fit, I think it was the zx7 they came from, I bought the adjustables from a Kawasaki shop for about a quarter of the price triumph wnt for them.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
The thunderbird, legend and adventurer use the same levers. However you can get aftermarket wide levers that may give the effect you desire.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I actually owned an 99 Adventurer before my 99TBS and the TBS levers are ajustable and much more comfortable.

John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Triumph lists the same part numbers for the chrome clutch and brake levers for the 99 TBS and 2001 Adventurer. Maybe I should just get the chrome levers and hope they are wider? $100 chance though, but at least I'd have new chrome levers.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I believe that is a TBS only item (convertible though). There are several aftermarket makers of levers that will fit. CRG is one. They dont list that bike, but a trip to your local Kawi store will confirm if it is convertible (look at the thread for the what-fits-what for some clues). Then get the short ones (save yourself a broken one later). It is a Nissin made assembly (broadly used manufacturer).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts