Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, could someone post a picture of their adventurer without bags please. I am looking to understand what the naked rails look like and where they attach to the frame. Hard to find these items and so I thought that I might try and fabricate something. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Here are 3 pics. The first is an adventurer but I'm not sure the support is factory. The second is what most of them seem to look like regardless of model. The third I also think is not factory. HTH!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Besides bags, does anyone have engine guards on their 90's Adventurer's? I'm seriously looking at a '96 and have had no luck on finding engine guards.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks, good to have a source. They guards go one without having to take off the pipes? That sounds crazy.

·
Banned
83 Posts
No pipe removal. Very rigid and I love the HW pegs. Quality product and Steve Turner is a great guy to deal with. Only bad thing is the exchange rate but that is the price we pay for owning a British bike.

U.S.M.C. "Semper Fi"
POW-MIA "You Are Not Forgotten"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do the engine guards separate so you can bring them in together? Looking at those pics, I just don't get it.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Yes, the two sides come together behind the down pipes.

U.S.M.C. "Semper Fi"

·
Registered
984 Posts
They join under the downpipes and are sleeved so just push together. They fit with just the existing 4 engine mounting bolts so are very straightforward to fit. The rear nuts are tricky to get a socket on the inside so I suggest a "UJ" fitted on an extension bar. I do always send some fitting notes.
The downpipes do not need to be removed but sometimes the water pipe can touch, it just needs the mounting bolt loosened and the pipe clips so that it can be moved fractionally.
The website does need updating, they are £175 plus £45 shipping to the US.

I don't have anymore with the highway pegs, I only had a couple of sets made but they worked out to be far to expensive, I would have needed to charge about £300 which is too much for crash bars.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for posting limits rat, very helpful. Are those rails oem? Did you need to drop new holes in the fender? Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for posting limits rat, very helpful. Are those rails oem? Did you need to drop new holes in the fender? Thanks.
Sorry but can't answer that. They were on when I bought the bike but they look like OEM as I don't see any evidence of new holes.

·
Banned
83 Posts
I have an extra set of Triumph Pannier Rails that came with my OEM Saddle Bags for my '98 Thunderbird that I'm posting on the classifieds section.

U.S.M.C. "Semper Fi"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would be very interested, I'll try and find the ad. I am uncertain if they will fit as the adventurer has a different rear sub frame I think. Can you pm me with the price, thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts