Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've kind of already decided to leave to Cambodia for a 14day dirt bike adventure trip in the autumn. The problem is that it will cost 1490euros + flights. I can do it, but I don't mid paying less :-D

Is there any international travel agencys organizing tours like this in asia or other interesting destinations?

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
Hey Premmie....there are many organisations out there doing this sort of thing. A search on Google will find em for you.

I have done a couple of trips .....through the Himalayas in Northern India, and through the Andes in Bolivia and Peru, with an Australian company called Ferris Wheels. See here
Ferris Wheels.

Email me if you want to know more.

[ This message was edited by: Legman on 2007-02-28 19:58 ]

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
That would be Edelweiss Tours....see them here.... Edelweiss

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ya might have to do without pickled Herring for a while. :hammer:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Husqvarna Englang has some sort of adventure trip service, but I don't know much about it since I don't live in England. There are a lot of them out there. You could advrider.com. Compared to this forum their a bunch of A holes, but you could read some of the write ups for ideas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On 2007-02-28 19:56, Legman wrote:
Hey Premmie....there are many organisations out there doing this sort of thing. A search on Google will find em for you.

I have done a couple of trips .....through the Himalayas in Northern India, and through the Andes in Bolivia and Peru, with an Australian company called Ferris Wheels. See here
Ferris Wheels.

Email me if you want to know more.
Hey Leggie,

you didn't happen to be on a trip with a kiwi called Dave Wallace did you? He just happens to be my old man. He has done both those trips with Ferris...

He's now doing his own trips with a bunch of mates, you can check them out here

They did the silk road in '05, the states in '06 and africa is later this year.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
G'day Deano.

No I wasn't on the same trips with your old man but I have just been given the Silk Road DVD to have a look at. That is my dream trip, but I don't have enough money yet to take 3 months off work and pay for the trip. For now its just a dream. One of these days........

·
Registered
204 Posts
I love Alaska. I've been there 3 times so far. Can get out and do pretty much everything. Snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking, camping. When it stays light out for 21 hours in the summer is what's weird about it though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
On 2007-03-01 05:56, TonUp wrote:
Ditto Legman!

I am picking up a KLR-650 hopefully next year, and started saving for my journey. Alaska !!!

Ton Up! :cool:
+1 I'm planning to do the same thing. I figure by the time I actually do it, I'll finally figure out what kind of bike I want to take and how long I'll stay. I'm feeling like I won't come back if I go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts