Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see in the manual It showing alil peice that has an flat head wrench indentation.
Im looking at the rear shocks and i dont see that. I see the spot but it has no indentation to put in a s.driver and adjust it

So how do you do it?

·
29,948 Posts
I use an allen wrench - I think 5mm fits in there. They move pretty easily, you can move them by hand - just grab a hold of the collar really firmly and turn.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Can you guys explain to me how to do this? Do i just use the allen? Do i need to turn the collars?

That lil peace in the manual doesnt look like mine nor does it look like it has groves for an allen. All it say is "insert a suitable tool into the hole provided in the adjuster ring"

CAPTON- yeah i know the stocks are doo doo but its better to have em stiffer than soft if im gonna push her hard. i plan on upgrading them in a couple of months

·
29,948 Posts
yes, stick the allen wrench (or whatever) into the stubby bit - in your diagram the number 1 is pointing at it, and then crank the whole collar round the desired setting.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Remember that both rear shock have to be set to the same setting!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Modre makes a sweet little tool that fits perfectly if you don't want to shove a screwdriver or an allen wrench in there. Very nice.

I can just grab the shock with my hand and adjust it though.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
turn by hand

i find I can turn mine by hand, sometimes its easier if you put it on a centerstand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts