Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just slide in an allen wrench or a phillips heads screw driver and slide the mechanism. There is no screw in there. Takes about 3 seconds to do

·
Registered
103 Posts
So the allen wrench/phillips is just used like a prybar to turn the acutall collar?

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Maybe this will seem like a stupid question - but are you guys removing your pipes to adjust the rear preload?

I've got TORS, which I think are identical in size to stock, and it doesn't look like there's any room at all to insert a hex wrench into that hole to turn. What say ye?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I did it with pipes on. Once I put my bike up on a rear stand, it was much easier to turn the collar.

·
Registered
918 Posts
No, I did it with pipes on. Once I put my bike up on a rear stand, it was much easier to turn the collar.
And you had no issues with clearing the pipes when you made the adjustments? What tool did you end up using?

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
And you had no issues with clearing the pipes when you made the adjustments? What tool did you end up using?
Allen key - 5mm I believe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts