Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a quick search on this but not found anything so....

Has anyone tried adding auxilliary brake lights on their sprint 1050? I've been looking on-line at www.Powerbronze.co.uk & they do a brake light strip that is located on a hugger (which I already have fitted) and operates with the standard LED rear brake light giving a boost to the brake light volume.

Any comments as to other makes or alternatives, or fitting the Powerbronze offering or how effective they are, whether they're worth the money (£20 or $28 approx) will be appreciated.

Thanks & happy rides

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
do a search for hyperlites, they are addon LED light banks of i think 8 or 16 lights per side.

Someone should post pics of theirs soon as many members have them on their sprints.

Also are you sure powerbronze has a led light setup for the HUGGER or a TAIL TIDY they are two completely different things. Clarify this if you would be so kind.

--Kory

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brake lights

Dear Kory or tattooedredhead ( which do you prefer?)
Re the additional brake lights & the tail tidy/hugger combo - Powerbronze sell a tail tidy with a replacement brake light config that comes as a piece but the additional auxilliary light is a small led strip, which is shown in demo pictures attached to a hugger separate from the spinnaker sized assembly which carries the numberplate, so both options are available. What I'm after is a simple addition to the existing brake light so the small LED strip seemed the best solution. Many thanks for the steer on Hyperlites, I'll follow up on those.

Dear OnD
It's true that in some parts of the EU there are tight type approvals for aftermarket stuff but thankfully that's not the case throughout it including the UK. In any case whatever the harmonised legilsation is the French & Italianssay 'Pah' shrug their shoulders ignore it & do their own thing anyway! :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Years ago i bought a product at a local motorcycle show. It contained two small red-LED light sets, and a modual to make them blink a certain way when the brake lever is pulled. i ditched the modual, and installed just the two lights on the rear of my '02-ST. Consists of two very small black plastic housings, waterproof, with 6-LED's in each one. When i tap the brakes they light up nice-and-brite, along with the stock taillight. makes me feel a little more comfortable when out riding, especially at night.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hugger & Tail tidy photos

tattooedredhead

Thanks for the steer on hyperlites these look interesting as they offer an optional pulse on braking as well as a steady glow which seems to be an additional noticeability feature.

Thanks for posting the photos but I do know what a hugger looks like as I've already got a hugger on my Sprint, to recap I also went on to say:-

Powerbronze sell a tail tidy with a replacement brake light config that comes as a piece but the additional auxilliary light is a small led strip, which is shown in demo pictures attached to a hugger separate from the spinnaker sized assembly which carries the numberplate, so both options are available. What I'm after is a simple addition to the existing brake light so the small LED strip seemed the best solution.

I had hoped that this description was clearer than it seems to have come across, nevertheless thanks for the effort of posting the pictures for anyone who isn't sure of the difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
P3 lights

Late comer post. I just put a set of P3 Lights on my 955 Sprint. They are bigger than hyperlites and more options. Designed by a guy out of VA. Great service. Will run you a bit more than Hyperlites. They also have an optional voltmeter feature on them that will flash the battery voltage when the bike is first turned on. Easy to program and install (took all of 1 hour including using a voltmeter to figure the wires out. Comes with all connectors and brackets to fit it to your license plate. Wires are long for connections. Multiple options for brake (steady on with brake, flash 4 times then steady, or flash fast 4 times then slow 4 times then steady). They also have a very fast modulation almost shimmer to them when brakes are not on to get better peripheral notice from cars behind you (can be turned off). Absolutely love them. Will try to post a pick tonight. but you can see them at the website www.p3lights.com. I think I ordered on a Monday and had them Thursday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts