Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checking out the triumph accessories page for the T120 and saw the "Ace" handle bars. I'm confused because it will fit a T120 ( non black). On pure-triumph.com, it says it fits the street twin and says nothing about the T120.

Is there a difference in bar size or configuration between the normal T120 and the Black? I know the T120 has a 1" vs the 7/8" on the street twin. Can anyone clarify or have these installed on either the T120 or the ST?

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Was checking out the triumph accessories page for the T120 and saw the "Ace" handle bars. I'm confused because it will fit a T120 ( non black). On pure-triumph.com, it says it fits the street twin and says nothing about the T120.

Is there a difference in bar size or configuration between the normal T120 and the Black? I know the T120 has a 1" vs the 7/8" on the street twin. Can anyone clarify or have these installed on either the T120 or the ST?
T120 is 1", ST is 7/8"

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
It not unknown for website descriptions to be wrong, would be worth checking with Triumph that their description is correct. There were a few errors that were reported when the early T120 details went up on their site.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
When that website mentioned that handlebar fits the T120, they were probably thinking the original T120 not this latest incarnation where the new Triumph company has decided to name a new water cooled motorcycle the T120. The original T120 was 1968 +/- years and was a drop dead gorgeous motorcycle. Anyone confirm these thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Wow, my bad, I looked up in Pure Triumph and the only had the Street Twin stuff.

Bottom line is the Street has a smaller bar. So they are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dealer called triumph to confirm that what they had listed on the triumph accessories on the consumer website was a mistake. Thanks for the input though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts