Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading over to London for a week of Museums, pubs, etc. with the Lady Friend.
We'll be staying at the Thistle Marble Arch.

1. How long of a tube trip is it to the Ace?

2. Would my non-biker friend be better served sleeping in, or doing something else, while I made a quick there and back?

Thanks all... I'm tasting some fine Real Ale in my mind's eye, already.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You'll regret it if you don't go!
A visit to the spiritual home of British Biking.
A great place to ride to and chill out for a few hours with like minded people.
Try and tie in your visit with one of their bike events.
:-D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, I've never been but I understand it's worth the trip.

It's a 40 minute tube trip:

From Marble Arch, get the Central line to Oxford Circus (trains heading for Epping or Hainult).

Get off at Oxford Circus and get the Bakerloo line to Stonebridge Park (trains heading for Harrow). It's then a short walk.

From Stonebridge Park Station, turn right and walk down to the North Circular Road, then right again, along the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on your right.

Directions at http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/f1address.htm.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
About 30-40 mins on the tube.
Marble Arch tube station, (central line) 2 stops to oxford circus, change to the bakerloo line 13 stops to stonebridge park then 3-4 hundred yard walk (south west direction) to the ace cafe. It's fairly quiet during the week in the daytime though.

Bob.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Tell the lady to visit the shops or lie in, try and go in the evening or go to the ace website events and pick a time when there is something doing otherwise its just a cafe, Great history and feeling if you know what I mean, but try posting when your going I am sure someone would try and turn up for a cuppa. :-D
Photo from the summer Triumph day speed four guys photos nicked from speedcarrot

Charecters are Lowey, Rik, Cedrick, and a very glowing red Doodledog in green shirt.

[ This message was edited by: doodledog on 2006-11-20 16:18 ]

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys, especially for the tube info.
I will definitely be going- I've got orders for Tshirts, etc.

It is my duty to help support the British economy...

:razz:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah definately post when you're gonna go and if I'm about I'll come up. I say about.....I can get from mine to there in 2 hours.....allowing for the roadworks on the M4.

And the new America hasn't been there yet.....

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well folks, I indeed visited the Ace last week. Not very pleasant treatment by the staff (as posted in the Hang Out area,) but I am glad I went.
Other than that, I had a great week in London- museums, pubs, terrific weather, and generally friendly folks. The sticker shock, given the week dollar, and generally high London prices was a bit more than I expected. So Harrod's saw little of my patronage.
I saw in the papers that BA is adding 4 new flights a day to New York City.
If you've thought about coming to the States, now is the time to do it!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not very pleasant treatment by the staff (as posted in the Hang Out area,) but I am glad I went.
Sorry to hear that.
Most of the staff are Polish immigrants.
Cheap labour and crappy attitude?!! :cool:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Just read your post in the Hangout and the attitude you got really sucks tba-golfer.
Service in the UK can be a real let down sometimes :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts