Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the "Ace Cafe" from the highway while driving through Orlando on business. Pulled off to go there for lunch on a whim.

Picked up a couple of T-Shirts.
Had an "ok" sloppy joe for lunch and a couple of drinks.

But... what's up with their bike collection???

I figured there'd be some neat classic British cafe stuff amd maybe a modern pseudo race bike or two.

Instead...

They have a couple of standard Harley big twins that look like maybe employees rode them in.

A CM400 Honda with a Windjammer fairing and a K&Q seat!
A CB200T Honda rat bike...
A Yamaha 650 "cheap street tracker that Shell Thuett would never have glanced at...
A TX750 Yamaha, arguably the world's worst motorcycle, that caused Yamaha to change their whole street series back to XS to halt the damage...
A CB 350 Four Honda, a bike whose underwhelming performance made the CB350 twin seem racy...
One bog standard dusty Hinckley Thruxton tucked away upstairs...

And that was it! Do the owners not ride???

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kinda what I thought. It appears no one with any interest in bikes ever goes there....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...it's like Disneyland Paris ,it's just not is it !!! ?...
But... What about the Venetian in Las Vegas? You still get a gondola ride but the canal doesn't stink!
If the Venetian was managed by the same people that put together Fake Ace, they'd be using 12 passenger rubber inflatables...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have to watch later when they don't think I'm actually working in here.... Don't want to be a bad example to my kids who staff the office....

Enjoy ! If you haven't seen it before you're in for a treat , sometimes forget we're dealing with international time zones . We've got 11pm here , you're still hard at work across the pond .

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Enjoy ! If you haven't seen it before you're in for a treat
Nice video. Reminded me of how fleeting bike "periods" can be.

When I first got interested in bikes (before I was old enough to have a license) the "cool" bikes in the school parking lot were a Norton Commando 750, a Honda 450 and a rigid frame Knucklehead with a springer. Most every bike had clip-ons or "ace" bars and a dolphin race fairing (except for that Knucklehead...). Most of the riders had boots with a lot of buckles and socks turned down over the top.

A couple of years later, when I was old enough to ride, the cool bikes, were a Honda 750, Suzuki Titan and a couple of Kawasaki 500 triples. No one had a fairing, and everyone rode in Adidas running shoes!

By the time I got out of college a Honda 750 was a "small" bike!

Times change so quickly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts