Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some bloke drove into me today. I was riding down the road next to a line of stationary traffic when one guy decided he'd had enough of waiting and would do a u-turn. Unfortunately I was there when he decided to do it. Minor bike damage, snapped gear pedal end, my knee managed to bend and dislocate the choke knob and my girlfriends knee took a knock. Luckily she was wearing trousers with proper protection or she might have had a serious injury. I lost the left side of my boot and will have a good few bruises tomorrow but otherwise we're ok.

The bloke was extrememly apologetic and we exchanged details etc no problem.

It shook us up a bit and now I need to find a new gear change lever. None of the pattern part websites seem to list them so it looks like I'll have to pay Triumph their extortionate rate, whatever that is....unless anyone here knows different?

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the messages, much appreciated. However todays phone calls trying to source a replacement gear lever are proving fruitless and expensive. Triumph want the best part of £80 for it! £80 for a six inch piece of metal.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can see there's a good variance in opinion over this. I'm happy to let insurance companies sort things out. I've been in touch with mine and as far as I can tell things are going ok. I understand the point some have made about suing for personal injury but that's not something I agree with. Neither of us (me or my girlfriend) were seriously hurt and the end result will be higher insurance premiums all 'round if we all went down that road.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On 2006-12-14 12:31, spiki-spikester wrote:
BMW - sorry to hear out your "incident" & I hope you get back on the road soon.

Looking on the bright side, maybe some time off the road will give you a chance to plan all your mods ! Keep us posted !!
Thanks. I can't mod it too much more, not unless I spend some money on the fiance first. Since I bought the bike I've added, TOR pipes, a roadster screen, centre stand and a King & Queen seat. I've also had a 6000 mile service, bought a tank bag and rented a lock-up to keep it during the winter. But I did pay for her flight to fly home to the US in February so maybethere is something else I can get :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.