Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I just got back from the dealer where I got my remapping done. I asked them to put in the accessory port and they asked the 'cigerette lighter' one vs the USB and I said yes, as I want to plug my garmin in for touring. The port I have is much smaller than the charger for the garmin or even my phone (car charger) and I am guessing I need an adapter of sorts?

Where can I get this? to power my garmin gps?

Does this also power heated gear?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Sounds as if they fitted the normal Triumph accessory socket, part number A9938015 which ends up under the right side of the tank. This takes a DIN ISO 4165 plug, as used on lots of BMW's, for example, this sort of thing:

To power the Garmin I assume you'll need a USB socket or adapter to convert the 12volts from that socket to 5Volts. A google search for "DIN ISO 4165 to USB" will come up with this sort of item. It'll be better to get the Garmin connected somewhere near the steering head rather than having a cable trailing down where the aux socket was fitted. Lots of advice on this thread:

http://www.triumphrat.net/air-coole...urchased-triumph-auxiliary-power-socket.html:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that. I am looking to plug in a Garmin and the one I found already have the correct plug and looks like enough cord length to put it under the tank and up to the handle bars.

Is this port always live?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts