Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A punk in a downtown Edmonton bar made a n-word reference about some wall art in the mensroom. I suggested we ask one of the n-bouncers about their opinion. He shut up - I believed the case was closed.

I leave the establishment to find my 3 week old TBird lying on her side. Limped home steering kinda sideways. $7000 damage

Who would ever tip over a ride? Who?

I cant remember the last time I cried.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jeez... sorry for your loss! Ever since I had my ZX10R get blown over by the wind while I was having lunch (probably WON'T ever happen with the 700+ lb 'Bird), I sometimes have "panic" moments wondering if I'm gonna find my bike laying on its side. But, having someone intentionally pushing over your ride... well, it reminds me of the "Pepsi Challenge" scene in Pulp Fiction and the conversation between Vinny Vega (John Travolta) and Lance (Eric Stolz) about Vinny's Malibu getting keyed... "You don't fu&k with another man's vehicle. You don't do it"

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Sorry man to hear about tthe strife surrounding your Boney! I hope you can get it fixed soon. Back rding such an awesome machine will soon be the balm you need...

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'd put an add in the paper describing the location, time, incident, etc. and offer $50 to anyone who could identify the culprit. Then state you intend to seek retribution. It would be worth it just to have the prick looking over his shoulder waiting for someone to come and kick his ass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a sad barstad,You gotta ask yourself if in the light of day when hes thought about doing such a gutless act how he can rationlize it in his mind.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Not what you want to hear, but think about your surroundings. You're in a bar and you have an expensive bike parked out front. Avoid confrontation next time. You're not dealing with Mensa candidates. Sorry about the bike though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're right Simon. I'm keyboard impaired and meant to hit the "4", not the "7". But yeah... They stomped it pretty good. Requires new front end, handlebars and replacement of scratched parts & pannier

Thanks for your accuracy

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
What Haggis said, if it was in front of the bar, good chance they might have a security camera, a big city like Edmonton might have street or traffic cameras, too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
A punk in a downtown Edmonton bar made a n-word reference about some wall art in the mensroom. I suggested we ask one of the n-bouncers about their opinion. He shut up - I believed the case was closed.

I leave the establishment to find my 3 week old TBird lying on her side. Limped home steering kinda sideways. $7000 damage

Who would ever tip over a ride? Who?

I cant remember the last time I cried.
All I can add is pick your battles. I know up there in Canada you folks have different laws regarding public speech but here in the states use of the N word is protected speech. Here you don't have a right to not be offended. I'm not condoning racism or racist comments but sometimes you just have to ignore idiots and walk away just feeling sorry for the tools.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, I hope they find out who did it.. Did you have a police report registered? Make sure the police are informed to make sure the insurance goes smoothly, and also just incase as others have pointed out there may be street cameras etc.. Which bar?

Best of luck,

**nvm, late reply**

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
866 Posts
Good luck getting the bike sorted. With a bit of luck you will cross paths with him again and have a quiet "discussion" regarding property issues and the impact of vandalism on society. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts