Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
The Bonneville lurch

My 2009 T100 EFI Bonne does the same thing, it's kind of a lurch forward when in a low gear and closing the throttle. My Harleys were much more gentle coming off speed, so I guess it's a Bonneville thing. It does bug me at times.

· Registered
348 Posts
Pete,

I got my 08 Blk Bonnie last summer and noticed the same throttle response. I think some if it has to do vacuum driven carburetors (I think you have those). Adjust the cables as close to tolerance as you can and really try to be as smooth as you can be twisting the throttle.
I've put about 8K miles on the bike since new and I'm getting smoother but still have to work at it.

I bought a 98 Triumph Trophy 1200 a couple of weeks ago and after riding awhile it dawned on me that the throttle response was much smoother than the Bonneville. Different make of carburetors but still vacuum driven. However 4 cylinders and 4 carburetors might cause the difference.

why2
I don't have any carburetors, it's fuel injected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.