Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody from Italy,
My Legend was heightened but the side stand is stock lenght. When stopped and on the side-stand, the bike is too down. Sometimes it seems ready to fall. So i need to mount a longer side stand. I don't want to modify the original one. Do you know if i can use a (longer) side stand coming from another Triumph model? Or from another motorcycle in general?
Many thanks and greetings from Italy to all of you.. "Triumphant" guys :)
Gianluca.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The T-Bird sits higher than the stock Legend, so the sidestand should be taller. I'd go that direction instead of trying to modify the stock one.

In the mean time, you could carry a block of wood to put under the sidestand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BigAl... Very kind :) So..could someone be so kind to take exact measures of his TSport side stand? Maybe it's less curved or longer than Legend's one..Who knows? In case i will buy it to replace the stock and shorter one.
Thank you,
Gianluca.
P.S.: Sorry for my poor english :(

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
The TBird stand it longer than Legend Stand.
TBird Sport Stand is longer and more straight than TBird stand.

So you have two options that possibly will work for you.

Thanks BigAl... Very kind :) So..could someone be so kind to take exact measures of his TSport side stand? Maybe it's less curved or longer than Legend's one..Who knows? In case i will buy it to replace the stock and shorter one.
Thank you,
Gianluca.
P.S.: Sorry for my poor english :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Was in that same boat

When I put the ZX/7 shock on the back it got taller enough that every use of the sidestand was scary. I'd keep running back to her thinking she was going over and my wife was just positive it was falling.
I solved it by using sidestand from a regular T-Bird which put it into the correct upright attitude. After that I added the centerstand which I prefer to use anyway. Old habit from a Guzzi SP-1000 (Toller do you have that fear with your SP?).
At any rate T-bird should work unless it's really tall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
So i have to look for a Thunderbird or Thunderbird Sport side stand... Even if TSport stand is the longest side stand available for our classics..Isn't it? Longer than Thunderbird side stand..Is it correct?
Proffa66 thank you for your kind link but it is a side stand for a normal Thunderbird and not for a Thunderbird Sport, is it right?
Jenglandtoyman how much is your Legend taller with ZX/7 shock?
Thanks again to all of you guys,
Gianluca.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks guys,
Jenglandtoyman how much is your Legend taller with ZX/7 shock?
I can't tell you because I did not measure at the time but my guess would be seat height increased between one and two inches. I would guess angle of sidestand was changed by adding around an inch but I would be just doing that from memory.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I'd suggest you try a standard Thunderbird stand. The stock Legend rear wheel diameter with a 160/60x17 tyre is less than both Tbird & Tbird Sport. Remember that if the bike is too vertical when on the sidestand it will too easily roll off & fall over when the road's a bit inclined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts