Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our KuzzinKenny has been beavering away in his workshop creating a rugged side pannier box that will hopefully survive a topple or laydown (heaven forbid...but it is a Tiger and they do do that ! :razz: ).

I think he has done a pretty good job... What do you think ??

KuzzinKennys side box

K.K. Thanks for the photo's mate :cool:

[ This message was edited by: BigStripey on 2006-12-06 14:36 ]

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Cheers BS for posting up the picky`s and the positive comment !! like you say, i hope i`ll never have to test it !! :razz:

KK :cool:

to TT, making one was bad enough so i don`t think i`ll be doing it again !! but if the money`s right........... :razz:

[ This message was edited by: KuzzinKenny on 2006-12-06 15:35 ]

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Diamond plate is popular on this side of the pond and various cases for trucks are made out of it. I looked for a diamond plate box, but found the aluminum (aluminium) boxes on eBay that I now use. The picture preceeding KuzKen's is my desert version of a Tiger! Looking closely you can see wrinkle in the left pannier, they have survived drops on both sides and are repaired with only a bit of "hammered grey" Krylon spray paint. The tiger can lay down on the boxes and Thunderbike crash bars quite comfortably, even with me aboard! The boxes are voting machine boxes from Chicago so whenever I'm asked where I got them, I have a story to tell! Mine are mounted - non-removable - on GIVI mounts.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey KK,
Nice work.
How heavy is a box?
How about a pic of it opened.
What does the right side pannier look like?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
On 2006-12-06 18:32, pineygroveshop wrote:
Hey KK,
Nice work.
How heavy is a box?
How about a pic of it opened.
What does the right side pannier look like?
Cheers !!

its about 4.5kg at the mo, not finnished drilling holes yet :razz:

not much to see inside apart from rivets ( its not lined )

there aint one !! i only need a lockable day box. the size is 20cm, 25cm, 40cm.

i`m thinking of using these bags to put stuff in as they keep stuff dry and use less space Clicky !!

·
Registered
142 Posts
KK

Thats the best thing i've ever seen bolted to a tiger, looks much better than the original plastic panniers.

Watch cars get out of your way now with those Mutha f****** coming through!

Where did you get that aluminium from, i've been looking for some for ages as im turning my bike into a matt black survival bike...aren't winter nights fun.

Best wishes

Boocat :bow:

·
Registered
704 Posts
KK, those look bad to the bone! Nice and compact.
What about that top bag? It looks much more size friendly
for everyday commuting than the stock top box.
Are the available on this side of the pond?

Block

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
to boocat !! i got the alloy sheet from a local stockist, check any fabricaters in your area as they often have offcuts. or Clicky !! or try BnQ as they have decorative alloy sheet but its thin and pricey, and yes i do have tooooo much time on my hands :razz: :razz:

to Blockhead !! the bag is a
Clicky !! it is expandable and will take a helmet but it aint lockable so thats why i built the strongbox :razz: :razz: the bag is coming off !!

just found this Clicky !!

[ This message was edited by: KuzzinKenny on 2006-12-07 18:48 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts