Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I wanted everyone to know that Hap is a great guy! He sent me one of the Triumph pins I had admired on another thread. It truly made my day, and probably my week! It looks wonderful on my Triumph jacket:)

Thank you so much for the kindness of the pin and listening to my woes. It really meant a lot to me.
Oops. I came across this thread a little late. You had mentioned on the "Pin Info" thread that you were looking for one of the Triumph Winged Wheel pins, and I told you that I could probably get one, which I did. But I was just about to PM you to ask if it as the right one, as this one seemed rather large (about 2.5"). So maybe I didn't get the right one anyway LOL.

Edit: Grabbed myself this guy as well, which I really liked :)

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
That second one is very cool!
Yeah, that second one I really liked. My picture of it is a little blurry, as I was trying to hand hold the camera in macro mode in fairly low light, with no flash. It could have been worse LOL.

But the detail is really nice on it, better than the photo shows. Not sure what I will do with the first one now. Maybe just keep it :)

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
The second one os very close the the Harley Ball and Wing.
I suppose it does a little. I actually had to Google "Harley Ball and Wing" to see what that was <g>

It also looks a little like a reverse Detroit Red Wings Logo, which in turn was borrowed from a cycling club in Montreal. A lot of these logos simply get reused and recycled I guess :)

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
That's our mission in life roxy :D

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
He sent me the one like your top picture. Oops! Wow, you guys, you make me smile that more than one of you thought of me and wanting the pin.
Well, I did say I thought I could get you one in the other thread, and I came through. Unfortunately nobody told me that there was another one in play. So now I am trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it, or give it away to another forum member who might want it :)

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, I did say I thought I could get you one in the other thread, and I came through. Unfortunately nobody told me that there was another one in play. So now I am trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it, or give it away to another forum member who might want it :)
I didn't think you could come up with one so fast. My fault, I should have told you immediately.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I didn't think you could come up with one so fast. My fault, I should have told you immediately.
I wish I could take credit for how fast I was able to find one, but actually a buddy of mine located one the same day I asked him and shipped it to me. Apparently they are fairly common and come in a version for about every one of the common brands. I guess some pin company knew a good thing when they saw it :) Likely done up for the trade show circuit.

I don't know if I should start a new thread for this, but I have one of these pins "free to a good home," as long as you live where I can send it USPS.

- Sean

21 - 30 of 30 Posts