Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Trident 660 Matt Black
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few of mine picked up from my dealer in Charleston, SC last Friday evening......I've since swapped out the standard mirrors for bar-ends, and thrown on some black adjustable clutch and brake levers, replacing the stock aluminum ones, as well as removed all stickers and reflectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
looks good. love those bar end mirrors. i also took the pillion pegs (or whatever they're called) off mine. the more space under the seat the better! planning to add any frame sliders?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good. love those bar end mirrors. i also took the pillion pegs (or whatever they're called) off mine. the more space under the seat the better! planning to add any frame sliders?
Thank you. I’ve considered removing my rear pegs, but since I do almost all my own maintenance my bikes are regularly in and out of a rear stand, and this bike doesn’t have a lot of handholds in the back to lever it up, except for those rear pegs and the pillion strap. I may wait for someone like TEC Bike Parts to make a small grab rail to put in place of the removed rear pegs.
I was planning on getting the Triumph frame sliders, but I was ambivalent about the way they look. I’m waiting for LSL to a make a set for this bike. Had them on my Street Triple R and love their minimalist look. I had somebody push that bike over and they did their job perfectly.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I like it! I particularly like the shape of the tank. Is it a cover or is that the actual tank?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you're seeing is actually a plastic outer cover. The actual - presumably metal - tank is underneath this plastic cover. The interesting thing about having this plastic cover is, if you want to, you can swap it out for one of the three other current color schemes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts