Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out these stylish Russian riders and their bikes apparently gathered for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.

I like the way the Hinckley Bonneville has been done up. Is that an anniversary model?
This link may change at any time but the photos should still be on the site.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see now that they have the Belstaff versions of the Bonneville. I was wondering why so many of them are wearing the Belstaff waxed jacket.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Who would have thought that the Russians could imitate cool British motorcyclers better than the Americans? Not me.

Nice bikes and cool pictures.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Love the black and gold paint job on that Bonneville. Never thought I'd like the look of a blacked out engine so much.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Waxed jackets are popular in some circles due to them being so practical, waterproof, high collars, decent sized pockets, hard wearing, etc.

I like the fact these guys ride anything, usually more fun to be had with a variety of bikes in a group.

Ben.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
We ride one month out of year...The rest is snow.

Anyway, lots of cool bikes in those pics.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Interesting to see a W650 with what looks like a Bonneville tank on it (the white tank in the main pictures).

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yes I see now the dropped article or whatever "the" is called.
You yourself probably get more like 2 months of riding.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting to see a W650 with what looks like a Bonneville tank on it (the white tank in the main pictures).
I just went back to the link to check out the W650 and boy did I get an eyeful!
Warning - NOT work safe.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just went back to the link to check out the W650 and boy did I get an eyeful!
Warning - NOT work safe.
Ya your tellin me a bit late. I clicked it and was ready to see some sweet brit iron and pannicked when someone forgot their clothes. All I need is for someone to walk into my office with that coming up.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Just made my Friday. I say, well done to our Russian brethren! Headed out for a ride with a fantastic image in me mind.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just a warning about the naked "Friday Babe" that's currently the first post....this isn't work or family friendly at the moment....lol

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya your tellin me a bit late. I clicked it and was ready to see some sweet brit iron and pannicked when someone forgot their clothes. All I need is for someone to walk into my office with that coming up.
Yeah, sorry about that fellows, but when the first post was made the link showed some cool bikes. I had no idea that it would change.
Also, anyone who clicked into that Russian link has likely been hacked and our passwords may have been sold to Ukrainian mobsters. Those Ruskies!

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
I see now that they have the Belstaff versions of the Bonneville. I was wondering why so many of them are wearing the Belstaff waxed jacket.
It looks like the Event is sponsored by "Barbour" who made the original waxed cotton riders jacket, as worn by Steve McQueen in the ISDT and often mistaken for Belstaff.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Is it Friday again yet?

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The link keeps changing - It's a deader

Ahhhh, my bad, I was at work so I only watched the first bit of the film and saw the Barbour banner.!

:eek:

I haven`t seen the Belstaff Bonny before, I like it. In fact, I like it a LOT!
Unfortunately the link has now changed content twice since I first posted it. This thread has become unravelled because of that.
But yeah, I like that look too. Maybe even better if it wasn't gold. Black & gold is a bit Gucci for me. But the layout is very pretty. I'd like to see it in black & gray. Or satin black & gloss black.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts