Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK .......... so I have been wanting to build myself a little Shed.
When I say "little" .......... I mean "Out-House" size.

Just to organize a few small odds-n-ends.
Garden tools mostly.
Shovels, Rakes, Hoe's, etc.

I wanted something that would also add appeal, as it would just be sitting about. I did not want a dumpy little "Box".

The answer ............................

And since this is a TRIUMPH Forum, and not a SHED forum .........
I "graciously" parked both Bonneville's next to it.
It did seem appropriate, as they were my muse. :wink2:

If I place my Cell Phone inside ........... it functions as designed!:grin2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
VERY WELL DONE, bscott2231!! Love it.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. When you run out of space in that one, maybe build one of these next.
LOL
Funny thing ................ one of my neighbors is a Police Officer ........
She watched as I built my Phone Booth, wondering if it was going to be one of those units.
But when I painted it "Red" .......... she realized the direction I was going.
I forget the British name for the "Police Box" ............. she called it by the appropriate name ......... but I forget.

·
Registered
166 Posts
LOL
Funny thing ................ one of my neighbors is a Police Officer ........
She watched as I built my Phone Booth, wondering if it was going to be one of those units.
But when I painted it "Red" .......... she realized the direction I was going.
I forget the British name for the "Police Box" ............. she called it by the appropriate name ......... but I forget.
The REALLY British name for that police box is the Tardis.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Awesome! Now that's how you do it!

Do you keep a spare blue lycra onesie in it, just in case you need to fly?

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! Now that's how you do it!

Do you keep a spare blue lycra onesie in it, just in case you need to fly?
While I have great admiration for Wonder Woman (he says with his tongue hanging out) ............. why on earth would "I" change into "her" outfit ?

Wait ......... If "I" am putting on "Her" outfit ......... that would have to mean that SHE is no longer wearing it :surprise:
OK, yeah ....... I'm good with that!>:)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Garden tools mostly.
Ingenious!! There's not many of those red phone boxes around now. If yours was the real thing they fetch good money.

No it doesn't! In the UK they were designed to be sh1tters for drunken revellers after 15 pints on a Saturday night - they even put in a telephone directory just in case there was no bog paper, and a box full of coins to pay the taxi fare...

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
OK .......... so I have been wanting to build myself a little Shed.
When I say "little" .......... I mean "Out-House" size.

Garden tools mostly.

I wanted something that would also add appeal, as it would just be sitting about. I did not want a dumpy little "Box".

The answer ............................

And since this is a TRIUMPH Forum, and not a SHED forum .........
I "graciously" parked both Bonneville's next to it.
It did seem appropriate, as they were my muse. :wink2:

That is awesome - WOW, that looks great - you could go into
business with those! :beerchug

·
Premium Member
2018 Bonneville T120, Red/Silver
1,306 Posts
Awesome, D9. Great idea! And yeah, as soon as I saw that I thought "he should have built a Tardis"! But the phone box is very classy. Did you build it, or get a "real" one? Impressive woodworking skills if you built it, that curved top must have been difficult...

-Dan

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Does that Tardis come with one of Dr Who's female assistants? I'd be interested in Billie Piper. I'd love to give her one bent over the control console...:)

That is just disgusting Mr F and not up to your usual high standards.

I need a better description as to how you would approach this task.:wink2:

Some pix and a short video?

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No it doesn't! In the UK they were designed to be sh1tters for drunken revellers after 15 pints on a Saturday night - they even put in a telephone directory just in case there was no bog paper, and a box full of coins to pay the taxi fare...
LOL
OK ................ so, all I need to do is leave it unlocked on a Friday evening then.
Right back to "functional" !:surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does that Tardis come with one of Dr Who's female assistants? I'd be interested in Billie Piper. I'd love to give her one bent over the control console...:)

That'll work.:wink2:

If I recall correctly "F" ........... SHE has a "crooked tooth" smile.
I wouldn't mind "straightening out" that tooth.
I've got the perfect "tool".:wink2:

(as he looks over his shoulder, hearing footsteps coming from the wifes last known location)

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome, D9. Great idea! And yeah, as soon as I saw that I thought "he should have built a Tardis"! But the phone box is very classy. Did you build it, or get a "real" one? Impressive woodworking skills if you built it, that curved top must have been difficult...

-Dan
First, thanx!

I went with the "Phone Booth" because of the high level of recognition, and I wanted something "bright".
RED fit the bill.

It is wood construction .......... with the Roof being Fiberglass.

I "repurposed" 4 Solid Wood Interior Doors for the main structure, versus "framing" it. Upside down, and further trimmed out for great "dimension".
This increased capacity, while decreasing OA dimensions.

The roof "arches" are wood, and the remainder being Fiberglass.
Fiberglass seemed the best medium to achieve the unique/famous "look" of the GB Phone Booth roofline.

"Mirror-Cut" vinyl lettering applied to the back of some 1/4" Acrylic for the "TELEPHONE"

Was thinking of adding "LONDON" to it yet, but am undecided.
In the space just above the top row of "Implied" Glass Panes....... which is why I left THAT space.
Again ..... undecided.
It may be "busy" enough already.
????

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
LOL
OK ................ so, all I need to do is leave it unlocked on a Friday evening then.
Right back to "functional" !:surprise:
On a more serious note, when British Telecom removed all these boxes they were bought up for use as shower cubicles. The K8 model (with the large single glass panes) had a little more internal space, but the original 50's/60's model was more desirable.

They have been used for all kinds of things, from storing garden tools as you have, to complete outdoor 'thunder boxes', with heaters and hand wash basins built in.

The Tardis is outside Earl's Court Station, London:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...RK3sE5FOQoawFwqnGw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

The above link is in Street View. You can go into the Tardis and have a look around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts