Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I find myself in several areas of the US for extended periods of time, and am at a point in my life I don't want to ride my bikes thousands of miles to accompany me. The obvious solution is to have a bike waiting for me in the places I like to spend time, soooo last week I was in Cocoa Beach FL and realized I enjoy the the place more than I used to. I trotted over to Destination Daytona (a huge MC centric enterprise with bike dealers, condos, hotels, restaurants and bars, etc) and struck a **great deal** on an '09 T100 to keep at the Florida condo in Cocoa Beach. This will allow me have a bike in Polson Montana where I spend the summers, a bike in Florida for the winter, and at least one in California where I am most of the time. I'll probably need to sell one of the '07 creamsicles as the vintage bikes are also in California and I'm simply running out of space and time to ride them all. The 50th Anniversary will likely migrate North to Montana and the Montana based 07 Creamsicle will need to go - sad, since it only has 1,100 miles and has a few mods.

After riding my PC equipped 50th Anniversary for about 1,000 miles since October I immediately noticed the new dead stock Florida bike isn't quite as tractable as the 50th Anniv. I guess this is good news, as it confirms the PC and custom tune is doing me some good. I'll probably go with Togas and another Power Commander to make it run and sound "just right". I've attached a couple of first day pics - nothing special, but I noticed the green and ivory are almost identical to the colors on my 2001 Kawasaki W650 that I never should have sold...

Dick

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polson? Or on the lake?
I'm about 5 miles North of Polson on the lake - do you know the area? Most people aren't even sure where MT is :>))

Dick

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like little stories of how the "other half" lives. :D
I know, I know... I wasn't even going to mention that I bought "ANOTHER" T100. I figure this board will understand if anyone does :>))) My girlfriend isn't even speaking to me she's so torqued off about this, and I bought it Saturday ...

What can I say, I like Triumphs!

Dick

·
30,533 Posts
Well I would say you have your priorities in order. More motorcycles, always a good solution.

She'll get over it, and if not, well buy another bike.:D

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I'm about 5 miles North of Polson on the lake - do you know the area? Most people aren't even sure where MT is :>))

Dick
Born and raised in Billings, went to UM. One of my good friends is a psychologist. She teaches at UM and lives in Polson. A high school friend's family had two cabins on three lots on Finley Point. Maybe they still do - don't know. So yes, I'm familiar with the area. :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Born and raised in Billings, went to UM. One of my good friends is a psychologist. She teaches at UM and lives in Polson. A high school friend's family had two cabins on three lots on Finley Point. Maybe they still do - don't know. So yes, I'm familiar with the area. :)
Some of the best riding I've done has been on the roads between Polson and Kalispell. My place is on Rocky Point; and I have relatives all up and down the lake. I'm waiting for it to warm up - it's still snowing there this week :>))

Dick

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It just dawned on me that with all the motorbikes you own and traveling you do, you likely need a technically adept personal assistant to keep everything in top tip order. You wouldn't happen to have a hot, unattached daughter would you?
;)
Congrats "again".
George

1 - 10 of 10 Posts