Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Triumph Demo Truck was here this past weekend and I volunteered for lead/sweep duties. I got a ride on everything and I was most impressed by the 675 and the Sprint ST. The 675 is a bit of a torture rack but the motor is fantastic! I rode the ST last year and I was not impressed in the least. But this year I got lots of seat time over the course of the two days that the truck was here and I am in love with this bike.

My plan, after picking up the Speed Triple a few years ago, was to add another bike to the stable. That is not financially feasible at this point in time so I have been looking for a good "do it all" bike. I'd like something that is good for long trips and track days. The included hard bags for '07 is also a huge factor in picking this bike.

Now the question is whether to sacrifice riding to keep the miles down on the S3. I'm about 3k out from the 24k service and I'd rather keep the money that I'd spend for that to put down on the new bike. :???:

Hopefully in the next few months I'll be moving from the Speed Triple forum to this one. :cool:

[ This message was edited by: 02S3 on 2006-11-23 19:14 ]

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Knowing how expensive the major services are (close to $900 AUD) I'd look at putting it towards a new bike if the time is right.

Not knowing where you live - I would add that you'll get a better price for resale at the beginning of summer but a better purchase price in winter for your new bike.

Buy ST now, sell the S3 in summer if your in the U.S. of A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts