Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right so it more and more seems like the S3 will be my next bike:

It looks and sounds great, it's powerful and torquey, it's comfortable for a tall chap like me (even for long day rides), you can transform into a knee dragger once in a while with it (only on the track of course, otherwise you're such a bad boy...), but, but, it also seems like the bike's loading capacity in terms of luggage is very limited... No throw over panniers possible... So it's just a tank bag and a tail bag.

Hence my question: can anyone recommend a good tail bag for the Speed Triple? I wonder if I could tour with the bike once in a while...

Thanks,

Max
Frenchie in NYC

[ This message was edited by: Max_NYC on 2007-03-03 19:48 ]

·
Registered
224 Posts
Look into the Dowco Fastraxx system.

Pretty cool stuff with a lot of features.

Also, the saddlebags come with a heat shield that you can put where you need it.

Pretty cool

·
Registered
76 Posts
That axio bag looks pretty cool but doesn't look like it will fit much. I just bought the cortech sport tail bag. It fits well enough. I'm going to work on a better way to mount it. Maybe replace the bungees that wrap around the seat with nylon straps with clips so that taking if on and off the bike is easier. Or, you can do like me and tour with BMW guys. They can carry lots of my stuff in their lovely, watertight hard luggage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
These ZTechniks look pretty tidy. The price on this site is in Aussie $'s, so they seem relatively affordable.

The axio bag looks great, would love to see pics of it on a s3, once they are released.

JG

[ This message was edited by: JontyG on 2007-03-03 22:45 ]

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2007-03-03 20:16, Golfinc wrote:
Look into the Dowco Fastraxx system.

Pretty cool stuff with a lot of features.

Also, the saddlebags come with a heat shield that you can put where you need it.

Pretty cool
Thanks for your response.
Do you think that the heat shield really enables to put these saddlebags on the Speed Triple?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I have the FAMSA 710 tailbag. Works well and has a sleek black base that straps nicely on top of the passanger seat (or rack if you have one). Then you can just zipper the bag on and off the base when on the move.

Comes with a couple different style straps, shoulderstrap and a giant showercap style cover to cover the bag with when in rain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought mine in Germany.

The quality is very good. There is a zipper which lets the space become bigger. And you also can get a rainsuit to it.

The bag is specially designed for the Speedy 1050.

Here is the link to the shop:

http://www.aaa-triple-a.de/product_info.php?products_id=188

These guys have no problems with an international shipping. You just have to ask via mail how much it is to your specific country.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Another option....
Cargo Basic

I have one, It fits the seat shape very well and its expandable.

For the price you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Love the AXIO look.

I got the ventura tail pack on my Speedy. My back pack was due for a replacement and I saw this tail unit.

With a bit of adjustments from the strap and the material base unit, it stays on quite well. Holds enough of the ***** that I have to carry inside and the bag is held onto the base by 4 quick release clips. It also expands from 14 to 22 litres, big enought to chuck a spare helmet inside or your jacket.

Compact mode.

And, with a helmet inside.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I ordered a Bags-Connection Rear bag, partially because I have a B-C tank bag, and am satisfied with it, and who knows, they might look like a matched pair. :-D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts