Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, I honestly couldn't say right now, I haven't been on any long rides with the new seat.

Kneepads($65!?!)... I can't make up my mind about them, sometimes I like the look of them, sometimes I don't at all. I'd rather ditch the turn signals and tail light... those are next.

[ This message was edited by: DJ on 2006-04-07 22:49 ]

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Gotta love it!

But I too would advise that you complete the package you started..... you've got the retro look going on strong between those 'football' grips AND that seriously cool scrambler seat. Without a doubt, fork covers and knee pads would complete the look.

And if you feel like fighting all those wires in your headlamp shell, powder-coating it Black is absolutely the cleanest thing that can be done to a standard Black!

I gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised by that seat on the Black. It is sooooo cool! (not to forget mentioning the Union Jack on your fender, neat!)
:razz:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Seriously nice looking bike DJ. I too think knee pads and gaiters would look good. Nice touch with the Union Jack. :cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
On 2006-04-07 22:39, DJ wrote:
Bob, I honestly couldn't say right now, I haven't been on any long rides with the new seat.

Kneepads($65!?!)... I can't make up my mind about them, sometimes I like the look of them, sometimes I don't at all. I'd rather ditch the turn signals and tail light... those are next.
I agree about the turn signals......I got rid of mine pretty quickly.....much better look.

Looky

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the positive comments. :-D You should see the bike after I wash it, those pics are right after I took it out of storage and its covered in dirt/dust.

04blackbonnie, I LOVE the silencers. Best purchase I've made for it so far. The build qaulity is amazing and they sound [email protected] pretty loud too. :-D

I photoshoped in a kneepad last night on that pic, I have to admit, it looks pretty good. So I'll probably pick some up. Does anyone carry generic ones that aren't super expensive? I'd rather not get the triumph ones anyways because I heard they come unglued easily.

[ This message was edited by: DJ on 2006-04-08 08:15 ]

·
Registered
893 Posts
I was doubtful about kneepads on the Bonnie myself. Went ahead and now am glad.

As for coming unglued, perhaps preparation or lack thereof has something to do with it. I watched as the tech at the dealer put mine on. First they wiped the tank sides down with alcohol, positioned the pad, removed the paper, folded back the front of the pad and let it pop loose onto the tank and rubbed it down. I've had no problem with mine, but they've also only been on a couple of months. Love em.

WD

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2006-04-08 08:34, wonderdog wrote:
First they wiped the tank sides down with alcohol, positioned the pad, removed the paper, folded back the front of the pad and let it pop loose onto the tank and rubbed it down. I've had no problem with mine, but they've also only been on a couple of months. Love em.
I wonder if Triumph upgraded the adhesive.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
DJ

If you want the knee pads you can use Shoe Goo or any of the goo products and the pads won't come off until you want them to. I used it to hold fender flares on my pickup and they stayed on for 7.5 yrs until I got rid of the truck. I also use it to hold felt on the bottom of my waders and I do fish alot.
Your bike looks good. :upthumb:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On 2006-04-10 14:01, wenzel850 wrote:
DJ

If you want the knee pads you can use Shoe Goo or any of the goo products and the pads won't come off until you want them to. I used it to hold fender flares on my pickup and they stayed on for 7.5 yrs until I got rid of the truck. I also use it to hold felt on the bottom of my waders and I do fish alot.
Your bike looks good. :upthumb:
Great idea, and I've got plenty of shoe goo hanging around the house from my skateboarding days. thanks :-D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts