Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size impact socket I need for the front sprocket nut on a 2002 Daytona? Looks like a 36mm but I don't know. When I bought the bike it cane with a 17 tooth that the previous owner never put on. I figure might as well.
Also do I need that black plastic piece between the nut and the sprocket? Seems to be a device to help keep the chain clean.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DEcosse,
The service manual has nothing on you.
Any chance you know if they are left hand threads? My old shovel head with the sprocket on the left has left hand threads and it just hit me it mightt be the same.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Honestly...if his head gets any bigger...lol!

SMARTASS!

Lol, if DEcosse's head get's any bigger, he will be an integral part of Macy's Turkey Day Parade!!:D:D
I jest...I suppose DEcosse DOES, add a BIT of knowledge to this forum!!!! Heeheehee...gotta run now before he nabs me!;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, no...I meant Decosse!

Lol, no,no, no drakewn...I would never insult YOU....just Decosse!! :D I meant that HE is such a smartass/know-it-all!!! Lol, gotta work on my delivery I guess! Actually, DEcosse (and his big, float-size head!) knows I love him, so when I attack it is done with love! (Well MOST of the time!)
And by the way, DEcosse, what, exactly did you mean by "a term I use loosely!" Of all the nerve!:kick:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts